VFL - practice match vs Geelong @ Colac, 1pm Monday 9 Mar 2020

At Central Reserve, before the BLT game.

2 Likes

Where’s the TEAM!!!

3 Likes

I’ll echo the words of my 8 year old son…

Son-Guess what Dad?
Me-What Jackson?
Footys back!

5 Likes

BLT emergencies and left-out AFL/trial players, ignoring those who are overtly injured:

Bellchambers (fully trained today)
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Mo22ie
Jones
Bryan
Cahill???
Gown???
Clarke
McQuillan
McBride
Hibberd
+
Lockyer

Oh, and Hird, I guess.

9 Likes

There are a few boys on that list that would be pretty disappointed.

1 Like

If in, Stewart watch please.

2 Likes

Gown surely isn’t ready yet, was listed as indefinite along with Daniher.

Hope Cahill plays

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure, but today’s report had him and Cahill training (albeit as part of “everyone else”).

1 Like

Clarke not getting a sniff is a little disappointing on the back of some of his work last year.

On the flip side it indicates we’ve locked out "best"midfield and have some confidence in it

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot to mention Gown. He didn’t train. Cahill did however complete full training

6 Likes

Cheers for the update.

Still, 13 + Hird is a decent base, even if some don’t play four quarters. Will be interesting to see if we play many VFL “prospects” this week. There is one more VFL practice match two weeks afterwards.

2 Likes

So if 13 guys play this VFL practice match, that means 39 of the list playing this weekend. Our list is in much better shape physically then it seemed during the doomsday discussions from a month or two back

4 Likes

What doomsday discussions?

You’re not talking MSM BS & those sucked in by it are you? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah but all the injuries is basically our entire key position and ruck stocks. Full contingent of smalls bar Heppell.

3 players not playing.

THREE.

Hooker, Ambrose, Hepp. Yeah?? :thinking:

Daniher

Plus I’ll believe it when I see it for TBC, Draper, Stewart and Gown.

1 Like

Correct. (duh) :no_mouth:

So that has to be 38 then, … or has something changed again?? wacko

Edit: We’re including all the Rookies right?? :roll_eyes:

you’d think they’d use this for the guys who are freshly back into full training as a managed minutes training run, with the senior team set to have a far more serious hit out and play closer to full AFL match minutes at higher intensity.

So the likes of Hooker, Stewart et al are certainly a chance for some match time I reckon, maybe a half or the like.

The definitive ruled out guys would be Heppell, Daniher, Ambrose, Gown and Draper.

3 Likes

ONLY 20 fit players zommGGGG

1 Like

B: McQuillan Guccione Saad
Hb: Lockyer McBride Hird
C: Mutch Hibberd Landt
HF: Begley Jones Mosquito
F: Cahill Stewart Bellchambers
R: Bryan Clarke Heppell©
Int: Hobbs, Bond, Kemp, Schischka

6 Likes