VFL - Round 1 vs Bears @ The Hangar, 1:05pm Saturday 23 March 2024

Yes

2 Likes

Surely they didnā€™t take Shiel to Sydney.
Doesnā€™t he needs game time

Roberts comes in next for mine if Heppell or Kelly go down

1 Like

Lions should win by 40-50 todayā€¦ maybe more. Jones and Davey in Sydney as emergency. Shiel i am not sure if he also went with Parish out. Weideman our most experienced player if so today. Lions seniors have a bye so they are at full strength.

3 Likes

Obviously we are still treating the VFL as an afterthought! Take 3 AFL listed players away and we are cannon fodder! Massive problem for the club to resolve our VFL program isā€¦

2 Likes

You prefer us to play a player or 2 short in the AFL if illness hits?

I think Shiel is here, so two emergencies travelled.

Blame the fixture not the club. I know for a fact the club isnā€™t happy with the VFL fixture for this exact reason.

9 Likes

Tough game against one of the great traditional VFL teamsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Travelling emergencies is something every club does and they would be negligent not to.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe there are no hot food vans here

Lions will win this by 10+ goals easily and this will be the norm throughout the year. Iā€™m hoping Shiel is at least playing VFL as he needs match fitness not sitting watching a Swans beatdown, but most importantly because itā€™ll give our forwards half a sniff today. The team itself looks like a trainwreck in comparison to other sides, with Oā€™Niell, Hately, Peris and Eckersley the main VFL listed players thatā€™ll provide competition. Honestly itā€™s so important these VFL players are competitive to help feed the senior listed players.

Would really love Lual to have a big game today and Iā€™ll be keen to watch him, heā€™s had an underwhelming pre-season from reports and barely talked about in any report other than heā€™s trying to find his feet, would love some excitement and pace from the HB and would be a good sub option for the team down the track.

Roberts has been the most impressive draftee outside of Caddy, and is a smoky for an early season debut if he can continue his promising run of performances.

Jayden Davey in his first proper game would be nice to see kickstart his run to a late season debut, shame he wonā€™t have bis brother with him, but might be tough to get a kick today for our forwards. Hayes who is the most least talked about top 30 pick in recent memory would love to start his run.

3 Likes

Taking the boy to go see big VIGO hey

4 Likes

Why not?

Shiel definitely here.
No Jones or Alwyn

4 Likes

Is this broadcast anywhere? I saw the VFLW game was, somewhere not sure where.

Oh the AFL app maybe?

Iā€™ll keep you up to date with BigVig watch.

1 Like

Go to vfl.com.au and the specific game to find the stream.

2 Likes

Go to the VFL site:

4 Likes

Cool, thanks!

1 Like

Is David J Richardson in attendance? He wont be happy if true.

if Caddy, Roberts, Lual and Davey all do well then i will be happy.

2 Likes