VFL - Round 10 vs Coburg @ Windy Hill, 12pm Sunday 10 June 2018

Good win, I was at the Sandy v Franga game today, it was brutal, Sandy won by 120 odd, Billings had 54 positions. I think we are seeing the end of the stand alone clubs, enjoy them while you can.

1 Like

Orig Lav was the held-over emergency.

1 Like

In contrast, Willy beat Richmond today.

I tend to agree. The VFA clubs are in trouble long term.

He was hardly on the field in the last quarter. Saving him for two weeks time I think, don’t want him injured. He was clunking marks in the 3rd as good as he was in the first, fitness didn’t seem an issue to me.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is much chance he comes in. Who would go out?

With NewLav, I haven’t watched very closely, but with Leuenberger out and Draper stepping up with ruck time he is getting more of a chance in the forward line. It’s early days and with some big changes from last week (Stewart, Brown, Green etc) in the forward structure I reckon he would still be figuring out his role. He seems to be aggressive enough and has a good build, he will just need to get some experience and see what role will suit him. If he can stand up in a pack or atleast bring the ball down there will be a role for him with McKernan in the Seniors.

seriously? a team thats won 1 game and we won by 20?

Dea

1 Like

Captain material?

Move Hooker forward and bring in Hartley would be my move. Drop Bags for Colyer.

Maybe Francis for Dea or Goddard.

Edit: Actually, happy if Francis in to allow Hooker forward as well. Just get Hooker down there.

Even Usain Bolt has been known to switch off in the last 25 in the heats.

2 Likes

True, but Usain didn’t still have to convince coaches to play him at that point.

1 Like

IN A NUTSHELL: After an even first half, and just 25 points separating the teams at half time, Essendon raced away with the game in the second half with 13 goals to two. The Bombers boasted 13 individual goalkickers, dominating the inside 50 count 71 to 35. Dylan Clarke led the disposals list with 38, with Lion Marcus Lentini continuing his impressive debut VFL season with 34.

KEY MOMENTS: Essendon finished the game strongly, kicking nine of the last 10 goals of the game.

LEADING GOALKICKERS: Essendon – Merrett 3 Hocking 3 Heppell 2 Younan 2 McQueen 2 / Coburg – McEvoy 2, Podhajski 2

FORMLINES: Essendon bounced back from a surprise Round 9 defeat to Footscray to remain undefeated at home in 2018. Coburg is still searching for a first win of 2018.

NEXT UP: Essendon Bye / Coburg vs Footscray (Piranha Park)

HOLY JUMPING CAESAR’S CATFISH – sorry, got a bit carried away but James Stewart nearly held a specky that would have knocked the ice caps off Kilimanjaro. Bombers by 58. As you were…#DonTheSash

— Essendon VFL (@EssendonVFL) June 10, 2018
That moment you have top spot in the @Toyota_Aus Top 5 #PJVFL Plays of the Week slip out of your grasp …… @EssendonVFL James Stewart can only think ‘what if?’ pic.twitter.com/hqcFtKWXZC

#PJVFL / #SwisseVFLW (@VFL) June 10, 2018

2 Likes

Damn it.

4 Likes

That was right in front of me. Almost a classic.

I like his current boots. Black Adidas in the Copa Mundial spirit, you can set your watch by those boots. Don’t go changin’…

3 Likes

Brown or Smack, take your pick, and Hooker goes forward.

Even Goddard, and go a bit taller (WCE play Kennedy/Darling/Sinclair)

1 Like

It could just as easily have been on direction from the coaches

What are you complaining about? We couldn’t beat a team that had won no games. THIs is a positive.

Have to disagree Francis was hands on knees a number of times after 1 burst.

He’s still very much a burst player and struggles with repeat efforts. Which would be exposed at AFL level.

Physically looks fit however and looks class above VFL. Maybe we have to accept he will be burst type until he gets a solid preseason or 2

2 Likes