VFL Round 2 vs Sandringham Zebras 12pm 2 April 2023

5 Likes

Finally Snelling being played in his natural position of Full Back!

22 Likes

I will be looking forward to watching this game. What a difference 12 months makes. Our VFL program was a joke.

1 Like

No Hayes or Guelfi.

Edit, Hayes named in the EFC website team, Phillips an Emg. Guelfi has hamstring soreness.

Its live on Ch 7 too.

11 Likes

The most surreal line-up I’ve ever seen!

3 Likes

I hope Hayes isn’t injured. Rather, I hope they’re just managing his recovery and game time and learning not to overdo his loads given the challenges young skinny talls have with stress injuries.

More accurate I think.

Snell is HF, Hayes HB.

1 Like

7 Likes

Hobbs playing, that’s good

2 Likes

The AFL has been doing this for years. They list the team by jumper number (additionally, sometimes players are given a different display number and sorting number, so it looks even more wrong).

3 Likes

When I heard golf cart yesterday I expected season gone…great news that he’s been named.

1 Like

Which Phillips is that on the wing.

Tom

Andrew is listed as an emergency

AFL player one week to VFL emergency the next, very strange.

1 Like

It’s just because he’s an AFL emergency. If they don’t need him tomorrow, he’ll play in the VFL on Sunday.

Or possibly that they’ll give him a rest for the week and only bring him in if required.

1 Like

Tom Campbell off the back flank for the Zebras. That’s one tall flanker!

VOSS in the centre square. Look out!

#65 for Sandringham is a follower?

I just realised they’ve dropped Phillips to the VFL. Must be hoping Wied can ruck in the forward line. Draper will struggle

Yeah it will be Draper/Weid vs Marshall/Cordy. Pretty even, though Marshall is performing ahead of Draper atm.