VFL - Round 2 vs Willy @ Willy, 2pm Saturday 14 April 2018

That’s pleasing. I’ll take someone like that in our team every week

And a bluddy quagmire in the centre, … and some jokers want to send our premier young colt down there to crash and bash in that sort of shitt and slop, cause he’s been a touch out of form while playing hampered.

No, no, … really!! They do!

2 Likes

If our fantastic senior mids put in another horror show today, you’d like to think Clarke’ll get a gig…
Knowing our selection panel though, probs not…

1 Like

Suspect Langers a bit in front of him. Clarkey has a great nose for the footy, just needs to keep working on hurting the opposition when he gets it. Can definitely get it though, was good yesterday.

Zerk-Thatcher showing he’s got plenty to work with, got caught out a few times yesterday but took a couple of terrific contested marks, really like him as a prospect.

13 Likes

Zerk elite in patches again yesterday… Just seems to find a way. His brilliant contested marks made people take notice, but for mine it was his ability to get on his knees and compete for the footy on the deck or to dive to tackle someone when he had no right… The highlight was when he turned over the ball after trying to go inboard and kicked it straight to the oppo, before bursting 20 metres to impact on the next contest which was a front on kamikaze tackle that turned the ball over… was hunched over in pain after… Doesn’t take a backward step, super leap and strong in the air, courageous running back with it and clean on the deck as well… As someone who watches a lot of junior footy, I can’t get past what a unique prospect he is. Standing by the Rance comparison. He’s taller than Rance though, and with a bigger leap. Will give us a lot of excitement as his body continues to develop.

27 Likes

Mynott also very good. Sharp inside. Powerful lateral movement which was on display a few times as he moved through traffic., and a solid kick. Looked cleaner than others at times particularly by foot. Looks like a genuine mid which you can’t have enough of.

14 Likes

Agree. Mutch is a death by one thousand cuts kind of player, an accumulator whose kicking (albeit capable on both sides) is not penetrating and who lacks dynamic straight line or lateral movement. Will pick up possessions at will because he runs and runs again but isn’t a stoppage threat, and nor can he break the lines.

Sounds like someone else recently retired who used to wear #5.

When I look at the VFL website the best are in the reverse order to how they are listed here, ieMutch is listed as best.

Clarke 35 disposals and 15 tackles

11 Likes

NewLAV zero everything. Legit. And @S_K went back to SA today rather than stay for the Port game. Ow.

1 Like

It is great that Mynott and Clarke appear to have the attributes that Guelfi showed today. Clarke is going to only bite off short 15-20m kicks, and that works in modern football (think WB last week).

Merrett had a great game in a 102 pt win playing as a small forward against weak opposition, and doesn’t get a kick in a wet windy game at Willy. Is anyone surprised at that?

As I said in reply to @S_K pre game, that wasn’t a day for a young tall forward to be making his debut. I wouldn’t be too concerned about how he went.

4 Likes

You are banned from ever talking about him again. This is like watching a car crash - only going to end in tears

Hind has more potential than Long. Conditions did no favours for any player.

Highlights up on the worst site ever.

1 Like

> Patrick Ambrose – Essendon

AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Ambrose for engaging in rough conduct (dangerous tackle) against Williamstown player Adam Marcon during the second quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Williamstown and Essendon on Saturday 14th April 2018 at Williamstown Football Ground.

Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with medium impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a two match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a one match sanction.

> Mason Redman – Essendon

AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Redman for striking Williamstown player Michael Gibbons during the third quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Williamstown and Essendon on Saturday 14th April 2018 at Williamstown Football Ground.

Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and body contact. The incident was classified as a one match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a $600 fine and a reprimand.

Didn’t see the Ambrose incident, but while it was down the other end I reckon they got the Redman case very wrong. He probably should have been charged with pushing his opponent into the boundary fence, and the Willy team mate who responded by whacking Redman in the head absolutely should have charged. Ump missed that and saw Redman respond with a little jab and as far as I could tell paid the only free and report based on that last and least significant occurrence.

Also, Redman has no applicable record? Must be a very lucky or very sly boy.

2 Likes

Just so ■■■■■■ excited when you see his potential and some of the traits being displayed weekly.
I wouldn’t normally go so hard so early. The reality is that having watched the majority of preseason training I’ve seen rapid improvement, shows such a unique combination of qualtirs and he has even put on weight.
For mine he is the classic case of someone who just needed to be in a professional environment. Ok I’ll shut up… Did I mention that he’s a great kid?!

2 Likes

Radio 3DJR as always with the breaking news…

3 Likes

Turns out he was actually reported for an earlier incident that no one noticed…

1 Like