VFL - Round 3 vs North @ AAO, 11am Saturday 20 April 2019

I might do the same :slight_smile:

Zaka? Is he injured? Or do you mean Bezerk?

$2 large chips at Hungry Jacks across the road :fries:

That leaves about 6 spots for VFL listed players. I feel sorry for those blokes that have signed on hoping to get some games.

I’m sure they signed on under the proviso that while opportunities may be scarcer than a standalone club, they get access to far superior training facilities, coaching etc;.

And, I’d wager we’d have one of the better histories as far as players getting drafted goes.

You could also have players who are Essendon supporters who see it as their only chance of playing for the Bombers.

I’m particularly curious about Connellan’s case.

Firstly, from Connellan’s perspective, I’m going to assume that he doesn’t just want a VFL career…that he only came back here because he wants to get back into the AFL.

But what is Essendon’s level of interest? Are we just giving him a VFL stage to strut his wares to all clubs, or are we especially interested, and that is why we invited him to come play for Essendon VFL?..In which case, it might make sense to slightly favour him in VFL selection this year?

PS. I don’t like to @ people…but @Paul_Cousins, only if you have any insight you can share, I’d be interested…

1 Like

Even at VFL and local footy he’d earn comparable money to any sponsorships he’d get playing Gaelic. Plus he gets another craic at AFL level and he is pretty good friends with Conor too.

For shame Hambo! Surely Weribee has a local artisanal producer?

2 Likes

Link for broadcast:

11 Likes

OK…in that case…maybe we’ve brought Connellan here to be a stable pony to Mckenna…so that Mckenna doesn’t get as homesick. :yum:

OK, go and get some gluten free battered fish n chips at Kippers just up the road a bit.

1 Like

Giddy up. Love a bit of gluten free potato!

I’ll be driving back to Melbourne from the coast with the kids. AAO is the usual weribee ground right?

1 Like

Chip lovers, there’s a Nando’s across the street.

Yeah, Chirnside Park on Watton St. Didn’t realise you were in Australia, might bump into you.

YeH, out for a couple of weeks.

Should be easy to spot.

3 years ago one of my kids kicked a footy pre match and it sconed the guy doing VFL radio in the head while he was live on air at Coburg. Now they aim for him! Find him you will find them and me!

3 Likes

I know VFL is a notch down from the Firsts but those two really need to get their moustaches up to an acceptable standard.

I am not across the detail of the agreement, but I would expect Connellan to be a high priority in selection from the group of VFL listed players. I mean you don’t entice some player from the other side of the world to play footy and have him sitting out games if he is fit to go ( subject to form of course). He should be a “drop in” replacement for the Hind role.

Given what I saw two weeks ago, he has similarities to Saad/McKenna/Redman. Playing him in the VFL probably builds consistency in styles between the two teams.

A high of 30 is forecast for Saturday… probably after our game is finished though.