VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

BRING

I only saw the game on TV, unfortunately. I liked what I saw, if I disregard the clumsy rustiness.

HIM

A KICKING COACH

6 Likes

Langford 33 and 6 tackles just doesn’t do enough :joy:

… In the firsts.

4 Likes

Only kicked 1 goal to go with that as well.

2 Likes

He was excellent again today.

Wouldn’t know by reading some of the comments in here.

only takes a couple of bad things…

1 Like

Clarke and Langers have very good chemistry.

Both very different players but compliment each other well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m probably overstating the rustiness.

Usual game day thread dross, plus the Saturday night functional alcoholic factor.

Zerk looks great.

Langford trade bait for mine

3 Likes

I think Woosha would agree with you.

Unfortunately would only get a third rounder though so wouldn’t be worth it.

Langers and Lav were very good, big bodies senior team needs.]
Zerk was very impressive
mutch and clarke were busy but just don’t hurt with their possessions. Mutch did a lot of slow sideways little chip kicks.
Good to see Longy back, but he has a lot of work to do
Great to see Franga back

Not sure how there was no reaction all day to being out numbered 4 to 1 in our own defensive 50. That’s just ■■■■ house.

3 Likes

Long 14 in a half…good to see. He was starting to gt more of it towards the end of last year.

Still makes the easy things look hard at VFL level sometimes though…

1 Like

Took on the tackler without breaking it too many times.
Both Laverde and Langford struggle to win/ even the contest when they have no options. They need to move it on to the furthest one on one possible when in trouble.

1 Like

Yep, I did see that - though I think Laverde thinks better on his feet and gets caught less.
Anyway, with Laverde, he needs another 3 or 4 games in the 2’s for mine, to really see how he’s shaping up after continuous injuries.

1 Like

I’d prefer to keep Langford, because I think he’ll make it eventually, but if he was to leave, which decent teams would he get a game in as a midfielder considering he can’t get a game in our midfield?

Which teams would think they need to try and make him an inside mid apart from us?

4 Likes