VFL - Round 4 vs Pies @ Windy Hill, 2pm Saturday 27 April 2019

All Windy Hill games are free entry; have been so for a few years.

The normal adult entry price to VFL games away from Windy Hill is $10, $5 for away members. Almost all will accept away AFL membership for that discount (it’s officially meant to be a VFL club membership).

EDIT: source, BSD? @Paul_Cousins ?

2 Likes

Ahh, … that’s what it was, yeah.

LOL

So just show up on time and walk through the gate for free?

Thanks guys.

1 Like

If somebody tries to stop you just boo them.

18 Likes

Yes, just walk in, there is no gates in place at Windy Hill anyway.

Have a kick before the game, listen to the coaches at the breaks & if you want to sneak into rooms after game, not usually a problem

3 Likes

Just wear something waterproof if you’re going past the Collingwood VFL supporters who huddle on the concrete just behind their bench.
Even when they’re not trying, there’s a lot of accidental spittle flying.

3 Likes

The gate is open at windy hill just walk straight in, we have put on free games for the last couple years. other grounds do charge. i hope it stays this way

1 Like

If you can avoid using the toilets do so

2 Likes

Smith an Brown are a couple.

I agree Fanta should come in for Smith, with Parish already being in the side this should be a balanced in and out (although would prefer both).

The real interest is in Mitch Brown’s replacement , with no Smack or Zac Clarke or Stewart, I wonder if they will play Francis forward to see how he goes, but with Gleeson, Dea and Jok out, we will need some VFL cover for Francis down back as 3rd tall, with Zerk and Harts to cover the key forwards.

Or will they go for a medium forward with Laverde being best placed and Begley being a chance if he plays well.

Definitely a lot to look at amongst the forwards. If Gown really puts up his hand he could be a chance too, given he showed a bit as a marking forward last week, and if he followed up with a bag this week, why not?

It is a solid marking full forward who probably suits us best structurally as a replacement. Although I really hope they give Francis an opportunity to play forward on Saturday and see how he goes, given we will need a solid replacement for a month or so at least.

2 Likes

Just posted in the other thread. Smith cleared!!! What’s the opposite of BOOOOO!?

1 Like

So Parish is on thin ice again.

1 Like

Shame for him that Guelfi had such a blinder.

1 Like

Or just use the inside toilets?

2 Likes

Nah too far.

I’m surprised they haven’t spent a little money on giving Windy Hill a facelift.

We still play a lot of footy there.

Go back to charging a charge to get in and put it towards tidying it up a little.

Money well spent :grinning:

or name the right emergencies

4 Likes

If you didn’t see last week’s stream: 720 progressive at 60 frames per second, multi-camera, commentary, replays… very impressive. Not Radio 3DJR level, but impressive.

14 Likes

If you believe the VFL release list (https://vfl.com.au/local-release-vfl-rnd-4-2019/):

Connellan <-- will play
Heppell <-- will play
Mckenna
Lazzaro <-- will play
Berry <-- will play
Brown
Hocking <-- will play
McQueen
Sibbald
Younan <-- will play
Landt <-- will play

The numbers add up and, apart from “The Traveller” Wil Berry, it’s all the obvious people.

Woosha seems to lock guys into zones and Francis looks like he’s pegged as a back so I’d say Laverde has an opportunity to join String and JD as the tall (ish) forwards. Big game from Begs and quiet one from JL could alter that.

Team, any hints on where to park the car to get to the game would be appreciated. Cheers.