VFL - Round 5 vs Cats @ MCG, 11:50am Sunday 5 May 2019 - on TV

someone posted somewhere (maybe last week’s VFL thread) that he’s injured and out for 4 weeks. I can’t recall what the injury was though

1 Like

That’s a pretty good vfl back line

I think someone read the team in a mirror when copying the list to either the EFC or VFL websites. They swapped the back pockets, wings, HFFs, and forward pockets, but kept the spine the same.

But the HBFs weren’t swapped. Weird.

Liam will play.

I think the intention is to give Draper a chop out during the game.

Maybe with the intention to debut next week.

I’ll bet my left nut that the coverage will be continually interrupted by interviews with cute kids patting sheep, roving Brian out and about in the crowd and chats to farmers.

4 Likes

Fixed.

1 Like

And… here… we… go.

N. Lazzaro
E. Sibbald <-- released
D. Younan
W. Berry
J. Brown <-- released
B. Fennell <-- released
D. Guccione
A. Heppell
H. Hocking
D. Marshall
L. Mckenna
J. McQueen <-- released
L. Read <-- released
J. Tynan <-- released
and
D. Landt (23rd man)

Hmmmmm. Both back-up ruckman released, including Sibbald despite him being named at FF. Guess we’re not at all worried about the five day break!

That’s 8 VFL players nominally squeezing into 7 spots (I’m assuming Parish will not play both VFL and AFL on Sunday).

I’ve also belatedly realised the bench (from the fourth name listed above) was entirely in alphabetically order.

Any particular reason why all the matches for this round of the VFL is on Sunday?

Heart has been cut out of the VFL defence. Marty, Redman, Francis out . I hope the boys who are left can perform.

Could mean Z.Clarke comes back in next week?

As a plan that sounds pretty silly to me. If he can’t play today then he’s no guarantee for five days from now.

About 13 deg and calm at 0900, max 17, sunny, a big high over south eastern Australia, but they are forecasting 20km/h winds in the afternoon.
Should b a great day for curtain raiser and the main game.
Come. On. Down.

2 Likes

Going to be a real challenge for our VFL boys this week - quite a few players unavailable, especially re our key forward stocks.

Geelong also look to have quite a few senior players listed, plus I imagine we’ll be resting blokes like Langford/Draper at various stages in case they need to come in on a 5 day break against Sydney.

This is David J Richardson’s grand final today, live on TV and playing at the home of football.

4 Likes

Jist imagine if they did the VFL GF as a curtain raiser to the AFL one and we made it. DJR would have a stiffy you could see from space

1 Like

Im not sure he’d last to the AFL one

2 Likes

Oooooooooooo-kay.

I’m doing Houlahan Watch (likely from the free seats in P3 behind the goals). The rest of you can call the match.

Im working today and putting both games on the TV everyone else in the office will like it or ■■■■ off.

6 Likes

What!!!

Liam McKenna watch for me. #70