VFL - Round 6 vs Dogs @ Whitten Oval, 11:35am Sunday 1 May 2022

Lord flying shot from 50, rushed easily.

8-20

And that’s quarter time

We are on the right

1 Like

Any way to watch this game online?

Yes AFL website

1 Like

We seem to do ok around the ground and the defensive unit holds up fine when given half a chance, but the kicking inside 50 and the system inside 50 is awful. We may as well just have pot shots from 55m out all afternoon and hope for the best.

Thanks

Our game plan is just as putrid at VFL level as at AFL level. We are never going to threaten any side at any level with slow sideways chips and no run and carry.

And Hind continues to kick the ball to the advantage of the opposition too often if not lace out on their chest.

1 Like

Trajectory of a few balls suggested kicking to right of screen was an advantage, despite commentators assurances of no breeze at all. We’ll see.

1 Like

Is highly rated by AFL then I bet

Who is ruck for dogs, giving Bryan a bath?

Well in other games it has been better, Dogs are just setting up to stop us from doing that. Sometimes you have to work your way through that sort of defensive setup. We also lack a lot through our midfield as per usual.

I bet you Hind will be happy with himself with 13 disposals, but how many were bad turnover kicks? He finds space well but cost us a bad goal with a bad kick in and a few bad kicks inside 50. His kicking needs to be fixed asap.

All our best players are probably our VFL listed ones. Conforti, Sutton, Atley and Landt playing well. We are getting a lot of the ball in the defensive half, but little value in the front half. Poor kicking inside 50 giving forwards little chance, not that there seems to be much leading anyway. Basically long bangs into the 50.

Hind and Ham have found a lot of the ball for little impact. Lord has had a few decent moments. Not much else.

The clappers were quick to defend the decision.

1 Like

Jordan Sweet main
Buku Khamis backup

I’d have Conforti on our list ahead of Ham every day of the week.

2 Likes

One that I remember. Other than that, his kicking has been fine.

3 Likes

another belting coming up. if there’s anyone with a ounce of talent, get them out of this abomination of a program

1 Like

sweet’s a handy ruckmen, don’t know why the dogs don’t play him in the seniors more

1 Like

A bloke called Tim English

Dogs player just flattened an umpire