VFL - Round 7 vs Cats @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 19 May 2018

Apparently DiPierdomenico played 99 Reserves games!

Then they said “nah, just kidding…"

1 Like

corect

1 Like

Parish will rip it up, bet your house on it.

2 Likes

So much for the AFL best and fairest - like Caro getting a Walkeky

Merrett also played big numbers of reserves games didn’t he.

(I mean Roger, not the current versions)

Hmm played 2 senior games as an 18yo in 78, 5 years later won the reserves league BnF as a 23yo (also 13 senior games) as a 22yo

21 senior games as a 23yo in 83 was his first full season. I’d reckon, assuming no big injuries, that he’d definitely have played >50 in the 2s and stll got to 313 senior games.

Parish to be given extended time in the guts to regain form.?

In the AFL side so many players pass through at stoppages, players don’t seem to get enough opportunity to practice.

Is this strategy the best for us?

Looking at Carlton, Cripps is either in there or on the pine. Hawthorn, its Mitchell, Freo its Fyfe. We use about 8 players, none of whom get enough time in there to become good at it. Instead, we are just entrenching mediocrity.

1 Like

I would also like to know how much time each player gets on ball.

I assume Heppell, Merrett(when in form) and Zacha get lots then the rest are highly rotated.

I don’t mind that strategy for players like Smith, Stringer(when/if he becomes a mid) and Langford that are natural forwards but for somebody like Parish it does seem to effect him the most.

Of our current players Jackson Merrett has already played 58 VFL games and Tom Bellchambers 63.

4 Likes

I’ll be interested to see who takes up the slack in midfield with Langford, Clarke and Guelfi all out.

Obviously Parish will be one. Hopefully Mynott gets more time in midfield

I think the biggest battle of the day will be Green v Younan…

4 Likes

For most goals? 5 each?

Younan is the better key forward, Green will need to be smarter than Danny.

1 Like

I wish Danny was on our AFL list

How old is younan?

He can seriously play.

Do you know what happen to Peters from last season?

I thought he was handy.

Probably been asked before but is gonna be televised?

No. Would have been mentioned otherwise. Watch the VFLW instead.

1 Like

Recon the VFL team will siffer without 3 of their guns.

If the team is not doing well at stoppages, Hocking will go in there and heat things up.
HeppA, Sheahan and Hind will be OK, and its a good chance for Mynott to get some of the inside action, after all, he was drafted as a mid and should be given the chance.

1 Like

Two seagulls fighting over a chip

6 Likes

That species of seagull prefers a sausage roll.

7 Likes