VFL - Round 7 vs Cats @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 19 May 2018

Perfect scheduling to be at both Windy Hill and the MCG.

Green and Redman return from injury.

B: 28. M. Brown, 36. M. Hartley, 41. B. McNiece
HB: 27. M. Redman, 10. A. Francis, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher
C: 57. N. Hind, 59. A. Heppell, 34. J. Long
HF: 20. J. Merrett, 51. A. Boyse, 39. T. Mynott
F: 15. J. Green, 38. S. Draper, 40. L. Lavender

R: 22. M. Leuenberger, 3. D. Parish, 77. H. Hocking

Int: 76. L. Collins, 68. N. Dixon, 60. B. Fennell, 24. J. Houlahan, 79. J. McQueen, 72. J. Ottavi, 70. J. Sheahan, 55. D. Younan

23P: 75. T. Crosbie

In: J. Green, L. Collins, J. Ottavi, B. McNiece, B. Fennell, J. McQueen, N. Dixon, M. Redman, D. Parish

Out: M. Dea, M. Guelfi, J. Ridley, K. Langford, D. Clarke

3 Likes

Geelong

B: 15. M. Hayball, 20. R. Gardner, 55. L. Kiel
HB: 23. A. Black, 54. S. Siggins, 39. Z. Guthrie
C: 68. H. Kol, 53. J. Keras, 42. M. O’Connor
HF: 41. J. Jones, 63. S. Dobson, 6. L. McCarthy
F: 12. W. Buzza, 1. R. Stanley, 32. G. Miers

R: 45. R. Abbott, 64. T. Atkins, 37. S. Simpson

Int: 79. P. Dowling, 62. C. Floyd, 52. N. Horbury, 65. S. McLachlan, 78. J. McLachlan, 75. C. Mitchell, 56. B. Reid, 51. J. Tsitas

23P: 57. M. Diamond

In: N. Horbury, S. Siggins, C. Mitchell, B. Reid, Z. Guthrie, P. Dowling

Out: C. Constable, Q. Narkle

who is your guess for the heldover emergency?
My preference would be Jerrett. I’d prefer to see everyone else play somewhere.

Mutch not named?

LAST ENCOUNTER

2017 Rd 19 @ GMHBA Stadium: Geelong 10.9 (69) d Essendon 9.13 (67)

FORM COMING IN

Essendon (6th) notched a second straight win last week against Sandringham and improved their record to 3-2. Geelong (8th, 3-2) has lost its two games for the season by a total of six points after falling to Collingwood by four points in Round 6.

KEY QUESTION

What impact will the woes of the AFL Bombers have on the VFL team? Essendon’s free-falling season at AFL level might present opportunities for AFL-listed youngsters performing well at VFL level. Dylan Clarke – who leads the VFL for total disposals – and the likes of Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher will be hungry to keep impressing club selectors.

KEY STAT

The Bombers and Cats both rank in the competition’s top six teams for inside-50s per game but are both ranked mid-table or lower in terms of generating goals from those forward-line entries. The side that can best make their opportunities count will go a long way to winning this match.

[We have to get some extra goals out of NewLAV, Draper, and Loony. Or one of the four talls named back going forward. Or Ottavi.]

Side seems really tall.

Watching Parish this weekend should be a lot of fun.

Genuinely rested.

1 Like

Thanks

Congrats (?) to Long for his fiftieth VFL game.

9 Likes

Good to see Green back out there.

2 Likes

Do the VFL have as good a track record as the AFL team with milestones?
Not many AFL listed guys would get to the milestones with one VFL club you would think.

Well done Longy.

1 Like

What was Gary O’Donnell’s game record in the VFL? I recall him saying that he did a long apprenticeship in the VFL before cracking the big time and captaincy.
PS like your new avatar.

1 Like

Considering the team Parish will have a full game as a #1 mid, he’d really want to dominate.

My preference would be Mutch, if he is not to tired.(just noticed he is not an emergency)

He’s not named as an emergency

1 Like

thanks just noticed

Any streams of this one?

I am sure he played like 4 seasons in a two without a game in the seniors or someting insane like that.

Second point. Very true. Adorable isn’t she ?

1 Like

Seem to recall it was 66 games???

3 Likes

AFL tables only list AFL games. According to Wiki, Gary played nearly 50 games at VFL level. So perhaps Long is ahead.