VFL - Round 8 vs Bears @ Springfield Central Stadium, 12noon Sun 14 May 2023

then the 30seconds after where every brisbane player out paced/ran their direct opponent, this club needs to put a premium on drafting for pace

So another Minton-Connell in the game? Amazing. Is he a son of Simon?

1 Like

Sooo many shots from frees

1 Like

Is this on Kayo?

AFL website, every week:

1 Like

Ok thanks.

The hell is that commentator?

And who are the Brisbane Laaaaarns?

1 Like

Vossy rating out of 10 so far?

Nick Bryan 0 marks. Our Rucks are great at this.

2 Likes

Look at the size differences. We are so scared since the saga to put on any muscle .

Kai lohman #8 for Brisbane is the perfect example. The kid was a twig when I coached him from under 10s-17.

He now after two years in their system has more size on him than most of our senior guys

We are too small body wise all over the board. People can blame dodoro it’s not his fault. He finds the talent. He isn’t responsible for getting these guys to AFL size .

When we had the cleanout the whole medical and conditioning team should’ve gone with it

9 Likes

Missed the 1st first quarter.

Going by 2nd quarter, for me, 2 out of 10.

1 Like

Thought the same. (not that there’s anything wrong with it)

Hope he has aspirations of being a newsreader, has the perfect voice for it.

That’s a good observation. I have been harping on for a while, that although fit, the Essendon players simply aren’t big enough. They get muscled off the ball far too easily. I remember when Dennis Pagan took over the Roos, he lamented the first year the lack of size of his players, a hangover from the Wayne Shimma era, and were man-handled by Adelaide at the time. He was ropeable. They came back next year much bigger, and the era of North Melbourne started.

Now you don’t need every player to be beasts, but we literally have no one at all, who could physically man handle an opponent, bar i reckon Voss. As you mentjoned Kai Lohman (spelling?) was a twig, and is now a big player. Now why hasn’t say for example Jones put on size. He is a little bigger, but not near where he could be in my opinion.

1 Like

We have a huge AFL injury list and very few AFL players out there.
What a shock we are smaller

5 Likes

Damn that is a good kick by Narkle.

3 Likes

Even with a full list, we are physically smaller. That’s my point.

Jones has always been a twig too. His older cousin is the same.

In saying that with the stress fractures he has had it’s hard to put muscle on.

He will get there but players his size aren’t big enough til they are 25-26.

I played junior cricket with Brad Williams who opened the bowling for the test team. He had 7 bouts of back stress fractures before playing for aus. They had to change the way he ran. The way he moved and slowly build his muscle for him not to break down . In the end it got him he had an 8th and that was it.

You can’t say there isn’t teams using stuff that’s borderline.

However we almost need to find a strength coach with a RL background.

We put too much emphasis on endurance and not enough on pure strength

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to stop the AFL.com.au website flicking over to the mobile app on my phone?

Even in the seniors we are small compared to most teams .

Look at Geelong , Brisbane

1 Like

Throw your phone against the wall.

2 Likes