VFL - Round 8 vs Fark Northern @ Pissy Park, 1pm Saturday 26 May 2018

Beautiful day for it. See youse there.

2 Likes

Come on Longy.
Force your way into the Dream time match!

6 Likes

P.S. If you haven’t worked it out, Pissy Park is Princes Park. Named after the toilets you walk past after entering at the southwest gate — bricks impregnated with decades of urine. Also, Fark Carlton.
P.P.S. Radio 3DJR expects to be calling from in front of the coaches’ boxes.

10 Likes

Anyone got any idea yet which emergencies have gone to Sydney and won’t be playing VFL?

Northern Blues sitting second bottom on the ladder, suggestive of poor depth of the FC list. Having won one game and having a percentage of 65% Essendon should prevail today having 4 wins and a percentage of 135%

A superb day for footy. Plenty of AFL aspirants to watch. Big Red Rooster and little Red Man, Darcy, maybe Clarke back at VFL level, Green the CGull and maybe Longy staking a claim to play in the Dreamtime game.

Go Bombers!

We are a much weakened side today as well. Should be an interesting game.

Go Bombers!

I’m doing Houlahan Watch. Hopefully I don’t get too distracted by the Seagull Squad kicking 11 goals.

How is Houlahan coming along DJR? Seems to me to be the type of player that is incredibly skilled at training, but just doesn’t get the ball much on game day.

Jackson is here, Clarke is not

That’s going to make for an interesting midfield mix this week then.

Mynott should get a lot of time in the centre.

Franga warms up with the defenders.

Bright sun, light puffs of wind to cool you down.

Ground is a bit hard, but hey, winter is still days away…

2 Likes

The coaching boxes have stretched forward to remove the rows that used to be in front of them. Boooooo.

DJR doing the call, who are doing special comments ?

No one, it seems!

Ha, winter is coming… dry leaves being pushed along the bottom deck by wind can be quite loud.

(Is that special enough?)

4 Likes

Joe Harrison debuts in #64

You paint a beautiful picture.

1 Like

Sounds like the rustle of polite applause of the toffs in the members stand in the 60s when Fraser took a mark.

1 Like

Ready to follow this thread minute by minute (and avoid all the study that I should be doing)

2 Likes

Draper starts middle, Loony forward with the Seagull Squad waiting for the spill.

4 Likes