VFLW - Round 1 vs Footscray @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 12 Feb 2022 - broke lots of records AND the ladder

Even I wasn’t willing to put that on the scoreboard!

To be fair, your scoreboard didn’t have space for nine zeroes… but at least it wasn’t 0.0.0 0.0.0 0.0.0 0.0.0 (0)

Looks like 3 quarters are now up (I think the scoreboard read 4.1.25 at the start).

No audio at the start. [turns up my volume, it’s there but very low]

Listed as up to 4K resolution (there’s some compression but even in the very wide distant shots you – well, I – can easily see who all our players are).

1 Like
1 Like

Georgia got zero frees yesterday. ZERO!

I’ve started this sequence a bit earlier because OMG Grace Dicker. Last year she was good when she got it but that was relatively rare and mostly outside. This sequence shows her bossing the game: killing the mark without conceding a free, taking/delivering the heavy hits, and getting it out to start the chain to goal.

If she can play like that more regularly, the team will be a LOT better.

Tierney didn’t finish off the goal, but an illustrative sequence of play: Marshall winning the contest at CHB, and a series of passes to leads.

CBomb mark versus someone much bigger pretty nice too!

Sequence started with Cornish getting it out of the pack on the wing.

There’s a break in the video and all you see is the set shot.

For those who missed it, including me (apart from being told about it by WARFradio):

Re-watching this game (not this play in particular): a cat’s head wishes it was Dicker.

I start this sequence late in the third quarter on a hot day with Dicker going two-on-one and winning: as the ball moves upfield look for Bombers all alone (Ford can be pretty annoyed a couple times she wasn’t given the ball).

You can tell we had bumped up training days 50% this pre-season, and Footscray (and/or their top-ups) hadn’t.

That bump (and follow-up smother) was a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Zanchetta was very very good, too. I feel completely relaxed with her as a regular mid.

1 Like

What a bastard bounce that was…

1 Like

Hawks are destroying North (currently 72-13). And the Saints are another team doing well away from home: they lead the Pies 20-7 near three-quarter time (both streaming now, 1080P with commentary for the game at Victoria Park).

The live auto-captions are hilariously bad.

Pie gets run down in the Saints goal square! Nice.

26-7 to respond to the Pies kicking the first goal only just now.

Saints lead 4.2.26 to 1.2.8 at three quarter time.

Geelong still better than Collingwood, and the Pies were lucky the Grand Final got cancelled.

(The 72-13 score above ended up being the winning score for the Hawks.)