VFLW - Round 1 vs Footscray @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 12 Feb 2022 - broke lots of records AND the ladder

2 Likes

More detailed stats at:

Marianna 9 tackles and 6 inside fifties, Zanchetta 6 clearances, Tierney 9 marks up forward and 6 inside fifties.

And Georgia still in a short-sleeved Roos jumper.

1 Like

Some other games were more dramatic:

• @DarebinFalcons from 32-0 down at quarter time to beat @WilliamstownFC 37-34
  • @CaseyDemonsFC from 15-25 at three quarter time to beat @PortMelbourneFC 35-25

Yes, the AFL stuffed up the stream. Presently you can re-watch the last quarter. That includes Liz Hoskingā€™s big run down the wing and a beautiful team-helping goal-causing bump by Jesse Davies.

If and when they get the whole thing up Iā€™ll provide some links to key moments/plays.

You say the AFaiL stuffed up the stream, surprise surpriseā€¦

They really need to get serious about supporting VFL and VFLW - it is the 2nd tier comp and supports the AFL/AFLW they should fund it appropriately and that includes ensuring stream and media are done properly.

(well, I guess zero is worse than infinityā€¦)

1 Like

Putting our percentage at zero shows either the afl are totally incompetent at mathematics, or just love picking on us.

4 Likes

Oliver is a national treasure.

1 Like

Rough day but no excuses BUT I will give some anyway

1 Like

Sorry today folks that the WARFRadio audio stream didnā€™t go to air (on the FM at the ground). Our radio.co server seems to have shat itself. We canā€™t play anything from the cloud or connect live - Iā€™ve sent them a very angry email tonight and waiting for them to pull their finger out.

The Video streamā€¦ well thatā€™s what happens when stuff is done on the cheap by the AFL. Apparently (so Iā€™m told) is that JAM TV have the VFL/VFLW rights this year. They are only producing only one VFLW stream each week, and sub-contracting the rest to SRS, who sub-contract random camera people and graphics operators.

The stream assistant/graphics operator only had a 20 minute crash course at another ground this morning before being told ā€œgood luck with thatā€, while him and the camera operator didnā€™t know they had the streaming devices (between the computer and camera) plugged around the wrong way.

F-ing amateur hour like last year, but AFL House doesnā€™t seem to care. I like the guy from SRS, but personally if I had the call, I would have looked around elsewhere for streaming/camera needs.

4 Likes

Far outā€¦ sorry that your stuff crashed, but AFaiL stuff just keeps on giving,

2 Likes

It was on most of the time on the local FM (once the game started).

I assume some YouTube streams will be without commentary?

At least we got live basic stats, and shortly afterward detailed stats.

Correct, most youtube streams without commentary. Only when we are there, will you get a call. Or the JAM TV/AFL Media produced match of the week.

1 Like

Full audio replay of the match.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Looks they had a decent rucking contest: Gillard lives (and knows how to get the damn ball), and Port went a-poaching in the off-season.

I wanna see the replay so I can find the hit-out of Cornish!

Liked the commentating actually. More professional than the afl!

2 Likes

Essendon has started its 2022 VFLW season with a thumping result. (Photo: Essendon FC)

Essendonā€™s VFLW side has thrashed the Western Bulldogs 98-0 in a whitewash round one result at the NEC Hangar.

The Bombers recorded their biggest ever win in VFLW history, while also keeping the Dogs scoreless, the first time the Dons have ever kept an opposition to nil.

It was evident from the get-go the Bombers were simply a class above the Dogs, dictating play at will from stoppages and general play.

Following a four-goal unanswered first quarter, the Dons continued to pile on another four consecutive majors to ensure the match was effectively done at halftime with a 50-0 lead.

Georgia Nanscawen in action against the Bulldogs. (Photo: Essendon FC)

Things didnā€™t get better for the Dogs, who simply had no answers for a rampant Bombers outfit.

A decisive 49-9 inside 50 count saw ample supply of chances to Essendonā€™s forwards who gladly took the opportunity, with Jessie Davies, Nat MacDonald and Cecilia McIntosh all sharing three goals apiece.

In the midfield, reining Lambert-Pearce medallist and co-captain Georgia Nanscawen was at her industrious best, collecting 28 disposals, four clearances and seven tackles.

Cecilia McIntosh, Nat MacDonald and Grace Dicker celebrate a goal. (Photo: Essendon FC)

Exceptional contributions from Jordan Zanchetta (26 disposals), Renee Tierney (24 disposals) and Grace Dicker (22 disposals) also ensured the Dons commanded ascendency in across the ground.

Essendon now sets its sights on round twoā€™s clash against Port Melbourne with a time, date and venue to be confirmed this week.

ESSENDON 4.1 8.2 12.4 15.8 (98)
WESTERN BULLDOGS 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (0)

Goals: Davies 3, MacDonald 3, McIntosh 3, Cornish 2, Tierney 2, Dicker, Ugle

Best: Nanscawen, Tierney, Zanchetta, Ford, Dicker, Marshall

2 Likes

WESTERN BULLDOGS 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (0)

LOL, kick ā€˜em while theyā€™re down!

2 Likes

A tidy representation of the basic stats is at:

https://vfl.aflwstats.com/game/93