VFLW - Round 1 vs Footscray @ The Hangar, 12:30PM Saturday 12 Feb 2022 - broke lots of records AND the ladder

At game time it will be around 27 degrees, low wind, and maybe a few puffs of clouds to remind us that footy is a winter game.

Last time we met we got murdered by KPP NAB League top-ups at each end (Ella Friend and Nyakoat Dojiok), and lost 1.4.10 to 4.4.28 – this was part of a series of games versus many stacked AFLW teams. Friend had her AFLW debut last week, and Dojiok was NOT drafted to the AFLW and I’m not sure where she has ended up (her kicking was ugly but geez what an athlete – surprised no one took the risk).

I just did a quick search and it seems Footscray have named zero of their AFLW players today, perhaps not having many left after you take out some COVID cases. They play AFLW tomorrow (Sunday) and then back up after five days on Friday.

I worry about you DJR

After a couple decades most Bomber supporters have Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to being inspired by a footy team.

Not me!

I will be turning onto Holden Street (literally) as @PH_WARFRadio starts.

Reasonable view from level three for @PH_WARFRadio and others (yes, they’re running late getting the transmission happening).

1 Like

All 26 (21 + 5 emergencies) out for the initial warm-up.

Honey Badger and Marianna start the year with a knee strapped.

Ugle calls out “Noongar!” to the passing Footscray coach.

Currently a very light breeze to the north and Bullant Hill.

AshleyCooper warms up with the defenders, as does Trethowan.

Cornish CBomb Tierney Elarmaly and NattieMac with the forwards.

DanMarshall with the defenders?

Noooooooooooooooo.

Footscray came out much later than us, and went in earlier.

Major giving some advice to the umps.

Off with 15 minutes to go. Most of the crowd huddled under Hangar or eastern tree shade.

Radford Elarmaly and one other (not sure who) start running laps — i.e. not playing.

Boys to give an avenue of honour for the girls.

1 Like

Heppell telling them to get their bags off.

6 Likes