VFLW - Round 10 vs Footscray @ Whitten Oval, 2PM Saturday 30 April 2022

Thanks to DJR and to all those involved in assisting DJR in commentary

5 Likes

We don’t lose clearances very often.

Nanscawen, Tierney, Marshall my best.

The bottom four had 5 games of VFLW experience coming into today (only 2 of those games this year).

Frew gets around Asciak after she kicked her first EFC goal (she kicked her first VFLW goal for Footscray last year).

5 Likes

Georgia is MUCH better than she was when she easily won the league B&F last year.

Unenthusiastic, until you pan around to Ugle bouncing up and down.

Nice tackle by Williams to start it, and ferocity from Dicker to keep it moving.

I seriously cannot wait to care about our womens team.

Why would you wait? There’s a very good chance that we’ll be premiers in 8 weeks time.

1 Like

I would commit murder to see that sort of kick to handball ratio from our men’s side.

I find it hilarious people love what we did today, when it was our worst game of the year.

And we looooooooooove handballs, normally. We have* the top 3 handballers in the league.

*not any more. Geelong’s Gardiner went nuts with 49 (!!!) disposals today, and passed Nanscawen.

Like the VFL…I will suddenly care a bit come finals time.
I’ll care about the home and away in the seniors.

I’m getting in early cause I’m useless with names and numbers.

1 Like

Remember when our captain was a #5 in long sleeves winning the league B&F? Well… no change there.

Everyone knows Ugle is our #1 personality at the club. Draper is a distant #2.

#31, should she ever get un-injured, is our full-back.

OK, some of the others may not be as obvious.

Doonan kicks two goals for us for the first time.

We rotated her, Zanchetta, and Barba through Clifford’s position today.

1 Like

Frew draws even with Vescio’s previous league-top of 26 goals in a season.

She needs to kick 6 more to equal Brennan and Molloy (they don’t need first names for you to know who I mean) for the VFLW season record.

1 Like

I could have sworn it was three. But I swear a lot - and apparently am wrong a lot.

2 Likes