VFLW - Round 11 vs Darebin @ Preston City Oval, 11AM Saturday 7 May 2022

Nope. Goal ump immediately indicated touched, before the field ump had even declared all clear.

She fell backwards and whacked her head either on the ground or the back of Radford’s boot.

3 Likes

Next week is going to be a challenge. A bit of sickness in the squad this week that may keep a few more out next week. Better now than finals, but whispers I want the minor premiership too

2 Likes

First half - meh
Second half - :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like
  • Marshall – she was out of bubble gum today, so just kicked ■■■■. Somehow I missed her playing wing in that last quarter, which explains why she had so many chances at and inside fifty in that quarter.

• Crook slotted back in after two weeks out and was a hell of a lot more composed than Julian (who had a butter-fingers shocker). Good game. Darebin’s forwards pressed up hard today, and perhaps surprisingly we mostly went up with them.

• Williams three quarters down back, then one quarter forward for her CLUNK and goal. Goes alright for a kid (had some near-ball-popping defensive punches today), but she has the turning circle of the Titanic. Ayre one week away from slotting back into the same role?

• Do yourself a favour and check out G.L.O.R.I.A.’s dancing in a pack and pinpoint delivery 19 minutes into the second quarter. Got skillz.

• Radford had a quiet game, by her standards.

• She can be a scary kick, but geez Dicker is fun to watch. Serious pace and serious aggression/attitude.

• Clifford “only” doubled Darebin’s score, but her timing and judgment today was top notch. She, and to a lesser extent Manfre, had a lot of “almost” chances to goal today.

• Frew does tricks in the midfield, too. She starts well back from the bounce not facing our goals, so not all Stringer comparisons are valid. She uses that gap to accelerate into the action.

• Barba starting to look more like herself. Next week she hits 25 games, and Ugle (great game) 50.

• Davies: from a low base, one of her better games in recent months. Still just holding on thanks to the absence of others.

• Nattie’s third quarter was very good. Good leads and effective disposals.

• Nanscawen… I think I’ve used all the superlatives already. Very close to the complete player now.

2 Likes

Who do ya reckon is getting the 10 Coaches Votes?

And going by the frees, 3 Lambert-Pearce votes too.

1 Like

Doonan 21 and 2.1 impressive, too. She was playing midfield most of the day.

Pies lead Casey 13-1 at quarter time. Don’t think wind is a factor, for a change.

At least next to the camera, it’s all Pie fans… in freakin’ Casey.

19-1… no wind evident.

I like the golden retriever statue they have on the far wing. Poor thing is soooooo bored.

Hawks broke Casey?

Pies all over this, lead 20-1 at half-time. That’s a lead that can be pegged back quickly, but is indicative of big problems.

Casey had one shot at goal that quarter (?, I missed the first few minutes)… and it was from an inconsistent free, and they kicked it out on the full from twenty out!

If the Pies win this, they’re very likely to replace Darebin in the finals.

1 Like

They’ve moved Gillard from the backline to the ruck for the second half.

Pies snipe someone in the middle of the ground during a kick-out; free, and it’s back to 20-14.

Their first goal from hard on the boundary line by Mitchell was absurd.

And a mystery free at a stoppage makes it 20-20.

I don’t care who loses, as long as we establish Casey are not a legit threat.

DeMatteoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

Her second goal makes it 26-20 for the Pies, 13 into the third quarter.

Her first goal was Frew-like.

EDIT: Fede then re-Instragrammed video of it, dedicated to the “snag queen”.

Anyway, Rob Lawson Photography has arrived, so I’ll stop talking about loser teams.

Ex-Bomber Emma Mackay was one of two Falcons to reach 100 games.

It is persisting down at Casey (Pies lead 26-20 at the last break). Was lovely yesterday, though!

I barely mentioned her, but Ashley-Cooper played in defence all day (mostly pretty deep) and just cleaned up everything.