VFLW - Round 12 vs Casey @ Casey Fields, 12noon Sat 17 June 2023

I’m Melanoma Man, and the only burn I’m worried about is from the wind…

Is noonan watching?

Teams for this week…

2 Likes

Good: the ruck change.
Bad: the ruck change.

Mind you, I bitched about Cornish and Stepnell in the 2021 round 2 game (as documented above) and they told me to shut the hell up.

Woolcock out injured for them is a bonus; she’s averaged 19 disposals the last three weeks.

Ex-Bomber Teagan Williams brought in and plopped down at FF.

Oh, and @theDJR note game time. 12pm not 11am.

1 Like

Some teams are still using AFLW players. I hope that works out for Norf and they beat the Saints (not least because I will be seriously urinated off if they go back to being rubbish this week). They also sneakily avoided playing against Lucy Burke by adding her to their AFLW squad. For some reason this Norf home game is being played at Sandy.

Swans Academy product Ella Morris makes her debut for the Demons alongside Kasey Phillips and Teagan Williams, but they have lost Bianca Woolcock to a calf injury.

It seems that Casey Radio will NOT be covering the Casey game: but they ARE doing Footscray-Willy :crazy_face:

Other ex-EFC ins include Queen Fede, Liz Hocking, Emma Mackay, and the mysterious Thomay Nicolaou.

1 Like

If the wind continues tomorrow, it’ll be a 15 goal advantage to one end.

Not brave enough to suggest which end that will be?

One would need to know the names for that to occur.

Was it towards the car park end???

RIGHT OF SCREEN.

It’s odd that I think of Casey Fields as a cold place, but I don’t think I’ve ever stood at the northern end facing into a cold southerly. Always the opposite.

It’s interstate GAME DAY.

Let’s continue our 100% win record at that ground.

1 Like

The last 4km I was stuck behind this car. Ignore the stickers on the bottom left; they’ve done all our games this year.

2 Likes

The day looks gorgeous till you step out of your car, and get blown over.

2 Likes

Not unhappy with the other games, so far.

Oh, I’d forgotten how bad it is to look into the sun AND the wind.

Orritt is the emergency in the warm up.

The tops of the goal posts are wobbling substantially… it’s been a long time since we played on a dry ground.

Ford goes to the defenders group.

Davidge and Cornish with the forwards.

Chaston and Molan with the mids.

Otherwise, business as usual.

1 Like

Kicks from forty-plus out are all making it, and are FAST through the air.

If you lose the midfield today you will get destroyed.