VFLW - Round 14 vs Footscray @ Footscray, 4pm Saturday 10 August 2019 - streamed

Mo22ie limps out.

■■■■. Concede a mark in the pocket at 17 minutes.

And goal.

We’d probably won the quarter before that.

1-15

1-16 at 9 minutes gone. Lots of nothing happened

Quigley hits the post from ten out. Fumbled, put herself under pressure.

2-16

Stepnell centres and costs us 80 metres of position and a point.

2-17

I did not realise that we got Lisa Williams (now 32 weeks pregnant) because her partner (now husband) was Ash Browne.

1 Like

Use the blooody wind, as instructed!

23rd player Barba is a good scrapper in defence.

Intercept mark after I write that.

Really looks like she’s thinking about positioning and how to neutralise her opponent.

Cornish makes a ponytail tackle on the wing. Funny as.

2-18 at 17:30

A hard-running one-two gives them a goal (the only one this quarter) with forty seconds left. Ow.

0.2.2 trails 3.6.24 at half time.

Sorry, was distracted that quarter by discussions with El Presidente and Lisa Williams and HepA. Not much happened on field.

Unfortunately the rain finished and with it much of the wind advantage we might have had. Ball was only slightly their way this quarter but we just don’t look dangerous up front.

That first goal by Footscray will take Stassi’s usual spot in the Plays of the Week video.

They’re cheap bastardos at Footscray: the “hot” water taps issue barely lukewarm water. So my hands are still a bit blue.

DeMatteo Cornish Svarc and AshleyCooper start on the bench. Missing one?

It pays to play in front. A random kick off the ground is taken by the Dog doing that, and she has that fraction of a second to swing around and tap it through.

2-30

Contested marks by their 1 Lochland sets up a set shot goal by their FF 44 Ward.

2-36

Audley a piggyback tackle. Not heavy enough to take the target down.

But she wins a holding free plus fifty at the next stoppage, and hits up Quigley.

Too far out, into the wind, and we make nothing of it.

Nanscawen and Fogas lots of touches but little damage (especially Fogas).

Lochland does something off the ball that earns a free and a stern talking to (but not a report).

Audley marks forty out. She gets it to Quigley but the snap on goal is smothered.