VFLW - Round 15 vs Willy @ Windy Hill, 3pm Saturday 18 August 2018

Apparently it is legal to tunnel someone jumping on the mark. Seriously, ump.

9-29

Umps hate legit marking contests. Moreau punished for having a go (it was s great collision).

Repeat.

9-31

@Hoffy with the stats: this is Willyā€™s seventh shot at goal from a free kick.

9-37, this has escalated quickly.

1.3.9 loses to 5.7.37

(0-26 in the last, ow)

As we depart the stadium itā€™s blue sky and pleasant sun. Go figure.

1 Like

DJR,
Thanks for your Herculean efforts today in the weather, I bailed after the boys, just too cold

2 Likes

Thanks again radio DJR.

1 Like

Even with the weather so revolting and the ground slippery, you can see the improvement in the team. They are supporting each other, learning the game plan and skills are getting better. Some of our players certainly play hard and are rewarded by other team mates.

Next week is another double header at Windy Hill - get behind the team, come on down!

2 Likes

Replay up (yes, the video doesnā€™t kick in for the first twenty seconds).

The video is cued up to our goal and some accidental commentary that much of Blitz, and @Stallion in particular, will really like!

3 Likes

Did you see my judgemental eyes looking up at you from the huddle?

Hey @theDJR and @Hoffyā€¦ what kind of support are the girls getting crowd wise.

Although it doesnā€™t happen enough Iā€™m always pleased to see senior players, coaches and staff at the VFL games.

Is anyone from the club turning up to support the girls?

No, the rain was too heavy.

1 Like

At the games at Windy Hill, there is always vocal support from the grandstand. Whether it is a goal or good tackle - solid support. I havenā€™t been to an away game so I canā€™t comment. The support staff for the VFLM also help out the VFLW.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Sometimes at the VFL Iā€™ve seen many of the senior boys, Woosha, a few assistant coaches, Xavier a couple of times. I was just interested as to who, if anyone, goes to support the women.

Jeff Kennett tweeted yesterday about the Hawks VFLW teamā€¦ made me think ours is very much under the radar.

Goals. Seasoned veteran Hetherington in #17 would not be happy watching her lost contests in this oneā€¦