VFLW - Round 4 vs Willy @ The Hangar, 11AM Saturday 5 Mar 2022

Down back, I had Crook as a mix of wins and losses today, but definitely on the plus side overall. Julian was the most overt key defender today.

McIntosh made most of the players out there look silly today: so many clean grabs and quick moves on a wet ground. Tierney did much of her work outside fifty – continually provided linking options. Davies and Manfre were the quietest of the six forwards (do I need to mention the other two who tallied up a half-dozen more goals?) but geez right now it must suck defending against us. There are a lot of tricksters and good leads in that group.

Her disposal may sometimes be ugly, but Marianna Anthony has gone totally under the radar this year in our midfield. Leads our kicks and tackles.

Doonan slotted in pretty effortlessly, and every week Radford is making people wonder more how she plodded along un-noticed at Moonee Valley all these years.

Like last week, not everything went our way. That makes the final score all the better… the eternal pressure all over the ground to break the chain of any opposition attack is bloody awesome.

Gallivant photos! A few of the 119 extracted below.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4923856017708617&type=3

Manfre: the first quarter set shot goal?

FOOTY FACES.

Wet day footy, as Zanchetta disposes in a pack.

“Hmmmm… how did I end up here?” asks the lady in the middle.

2 Likes

Nice tackle, Caruso.

Amazingly, this is not a photo.

Half-time

1 Like

Dark alley, Julian, don’t.

Radford feeds BoringFord

Very often features, because her technique is lovely!

Oldest (42) and youngest (18)

1 Like

Debutant in the thick of things

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooo…

She tried.

1 Like

Fede

One of these people read the ball better.

Somehow it did not fall to the Seagull front-and-centre for the goal.

Headbutt to Radford, free kick and goal to Willy.

Note Nalder in her favourite position: there’s a reason she can go all day, and it’s because she takes many micro-rests.

Just quietly being a freak.

1 Like

SING IT LOUD

1 Like