VFLW - Round 8 vs Casey @ Craigieburn, 11:30am Saturday 30th June 2018

Intermittent wind gusting west and north: a few kicks that quarter gained advantage for Casey.

Lots of positivity in the huddle.

Message is to play to conditions, lock it forward. Special credit to our rucks, which I agree with.

1 Like

One forward entry, one goal.

Two forward entries, point.

Uh oh.

1-8

Mackrill pinged for tackling too hard.

FFS. And reported. Softcocks.

1 Like

1-9

Jackie arrives, and Casey start scoring 30 times faster. Geez.

Why did I forget to bring my stadium jacket, vflw gloves and a ■■■■■■■ beanie. Navy blanket? Blasphemy.

1 Like

Sun has come out, still cold!

Umps gone postal. About four holding the ball/woman frees in a row called wrong and they goal from it.

1-15

Casey totally different this quarter, we can’t get close.

They’re kicking forty and clunking everything.

1-18

Moreau running into goal after dumping her bigger opponent… point only.

Moreau gets it right!

Casey 18 leads Moreau 8

Neaves and Kearney and Nalder still killing it in the ruck and around the ground.

1.2.8 trails 2.6.18

We stemmed the damage in the last five minutes, but the final result will depend on whether the good Casey emerges in the second half. Our early-year efficiency in the forward line has gone; we had zero forward structure in that half. Casey showed that quarter that you can lead and mark even it is wet. Not sure why Quigley was an emergency today.

1 Like

You are some sort of trooper djr. Well played on sticking through this crappy weather!

2 Likes

I want to punch the moron who thought it was a good idea to face the stand here to the southwest, where the weather comes from.

1 Like

It’s quite good now, by Craigieburn standards. Wind picked up from west, across the ground.

Porter intercept mark AND FIFTY.

Goal!

14-18

Someone in the crowd abused the ump for two dud calls. Then he immediately paid us one. Abuse works.

Can not confirm said abuser is sitting next to @jackie_mihocek

1 Like

Ump gets last laugh, giving Casey a fifty to ensure a goal is kicked from a mark.

To the wing, and we have a big head clash. Casey take advantage of the two-woman advantage and sweep forward to goal again.

14-30