VFLW - Round 9 vs Pies @ The Hangar, 1:30PM Saturday 23 April 2022

3 Likes

Kicking Collingwood while they’re down, to the final siren.

1 Like

1 Like

Finally… 50!

1 Like

Look guys, no pressure, but don’t fark this start up. And don’t give me any crap at the end of the weekend about “we won on combined percentage”, either.

1 Like

Ha, I wasn’t the only one to point this out:

2 Likes

This was one of the most enjoyable games to watch. We were definitely in it to win it. There was a real desire to win, and to bury the Pies. The argy bargy just underscored how much the Pies wanted to rough us up - but we didn’t take a step back.

Really great afternoon at the Hangar.

2 Likes

1 Like

Casey vs Essendon GF

AFL site removes Alana from the fancy stats page…

Some thoughts while watching the video:

If Clifford had marked the ball when the score was 0-1, that would have been one of the great coast-to-coast goals. We moved it so well, so fast, so precise, all the way.

Last year Nanscawen’s kicking was her worst attribute. It’s a legit weapon now; the play above was a great example of she has great vision and will pick out difficult and dangerous targets 30+ metres away. She’s becoming the definition of effective disposals.

Weird ump asks for the ball back after an extended delay, then wastes an extra 25 seconds before remembering to double-whistle. But at least they protected the safety of the player from the start.

Pies lead 8-0 at 17 minutes into the first quarter. We mock them by kicking the last two goals, pull away in the second, and then rip their hearts out and stomp them into the (non-existent) mud in the last half (62-7). The intent of this team is amazing (and they make @Finding_Nino ia well-balanced and happy person).

Game video dies at quarter time, and doesn’t come back till 13:30 into the second, missing all four goals for the quarter. So no vision of how Frew slipped the ball through multiple goalkeepers on the line, or the commentary about me saying MARSHALL MUST BE SIGNED TO THE AFLW.

The video of the melee 4:40 into the third quarter misses most of how it started, but geez I loved Clifford vigorously putting Newman on her butt after she ran from a long way away to accost Frew.

And thank you Davies for keeping Dicker out of that fight. Dicker loves killing people. She did get to dump a Pie at the next barney, though, and the ump pinged her for it.

(Actually, re-watching that, Dicker got dudded by Chaston flopping for the free.)

Frew’s tap over her head to CBomb was awesome… and so was when she then ran up to the Pie to inform them that they got punked :slight_smile:

Check out Ashley-Cooper’s mark 7:40 into the last quarter. Running with the ball, never looks back for it, marks it anyway.

Frew desperately wanted some fans to high-five after her fourth goal.

Very nice of Nalder to call the ruck-forward switch late in the game, and therefore set up G.L.O.R.I.A. to get the free and her first ever goal.

Orritt’s kicking was not good today. Some good physical pressure from her early though.

And what the fark did you do to Alana, Gold Coast?!?

3 Likes

Only if the guys could show the same intent and work effort as the girls

I think the AFLW side is going to be great

1 Like

Our second-highest score ever. The highest was against… Footscray, the team we meet again next week.

Time to push them back down under 10%… the cheek buggers have moved up to 11.8%

1 Like

Funny how the commentators saying that next week against the dogs is going to be nasty haha

That stupid injury to Frew last year may have cost us a spot in the (not played) Grand Final, and Frew herself to the AFLW draft rather than simply signed with us.

Please let it not be so.

And. Here. Gallivant. Goes.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.5051223631638521&type=3

1 Like

Debutant at The Hangar.

And then Dojiok completely botched the shot at goal :rofl: