Votes v Tankers

Same

3- Hepp
2- Tippa
1- Shiel

3 Fantasia
2 Stringer
1 Shiel

Heppell turned it around today, just needs to play as the inside bull and nothing else, also believe in himself as a leader and be more assertive. McKenna and Smavk also great games

Heppell
Walla
Ambrose

If youā€™re wondering how Ambrose gets in ahead of Stringer, SMacK, Shiel, Smith and Fantasia, itā€™s because he played a great defenderā€™s game: he ran further than anybody else on the ground (15.4 Km, the next being Heppell and Fantasia, 15.2 km each), and his direct opponent scored ZERO POINTS ā€” this in a high-scoring game !

3 shiel
2 Stringer
1 Walla

3 - Smith
2 - Raz
1 - Stringer/ Walla

3- Hep
2- Raz
1- zaka and stringer can share it. I canā€™t split them

Apologies to everyone else wearing red n black on the field

Special note: Although he wasnā€™t in red & black tonight, a special mention must be made of Dee defender Frost, who was without doubt the best on the ground for, Essendon.

Tippa. Not just for the goals, but for the manner in which he kicked them. Early contender for GOTY.
Heppell. Was in everything and showed up the vaunted Melbourne midfield.
McKenna. Took the game on and turned our fortunes around with some great passes out of the backline.

HM: Stringer, Zaka, Sheil, Hurley, Ambrose, Parish, Raz.

Terrible, over officiated game, with 51 free kicks paid, a lot of them were non events, but the most obvious one, when Stringer tackled Frost, was missed. Chumps went from dubious to diabollickal with that miss.

1 Like

Parish for McKenna Captain. Lit the fuse so many times. McKenna was injured for much of the game but I was on the south side of the ground so didnā€™t see a lot of him. Most of this game was played on the members wing.
Ambrose played the ultimate defenders game, but like Guelfi I donā€™t know why heā€™s there.
Hep probably deserves BoG. So forward line looks way better all of a sudden with hard running, backs need to work out their opponents rather than just turn up on game day, which while Iā€™m sure is not the case sure looks a lot like it.
3 Hep
2-Shiel
1-Parish
HM - Smith esp early. Stringer love his aggression. All the others who all tried hard. HHM Zerrett. Back

Easiest votes Iā€™ve ever given.

3 Shiel. Without him we lose. Badly.
2 McKenna. Run and guys and exquisite disposal from the backline.
1 Tippa. Great work all over the ground.

Apologies to Stringer who was important in patches, but I think he can still do more. He has that in him.

1 Like

3 votes Shiel

weā€™ve been getting slaughtered at clearances so shiel took it upon himself to just drive us forward, he may not have hit targets but he kept them from having it going the other way, could have easily had 2 goals and multiple assists that he will kick more often than not from here on in

1. Tippa

No player in the afl can do what tippa does, the candy selling, the snaps around the body, the pressure, the bumps, the milimetre perfect passes

Set us up in the 1st and the 4th with precision kicks to forwards in the 50 as well as his 4 goals

1. Hepp

One of his 5 hird like games he usually delivers each season, just a madman for the ball and the man was huge in the third

3, Shiel
2. Stringer

1. Heppell
  1. Heppell
  2. Shiel
  3. Hurley

3 Stringer
2 Parish
1 Tippa
Apologies and many thanks to many others who helped us win tonight.

3-Hep.
2-Shiel.
1-Zaka.

10 players could have featured in this list.

3 Heppell
2 Shiel
1 Stringer

No love for McGrath in here, who I thought was very, very important. Could really raffle the 1 vote, but:
Walla 3
Stringer 2
McGrath 1

Heppell
Shiel
Walla

3 Shiel
2 Heppell
1 Merritt (welcome back)

3 - Heppell
2 - Shiel
1 - Tippa