W@nkword Bingo

Sure these have been done;
Line your ducks up.
Silos.
Having the conversation.
Going forward.

I go out of my way not to use them, and the one time one slipped out in my 13 years of corporate organisational stuff I gave myself an upper cut.

And sulked in a silo for the rest of the day.

2 Likes

All this ■■■■ comes from business schools trying to reinvent the wheel.

Wankwords brought to you by your latest MBA graduate.

Likely introduced by a managment consultant and parroted through a company to justify their day rates.

2 Likes

Anyone mentioned “on trend” yet?
That one really grinds my gears… almost as much as Dill and his inane “speak to”…

My rules for any business meeting.(except 1:1 chats and your boss is hosting).

1. No Agenda, no meeting.
  2. With Agenda, ask person requesting the meeting what input/takeaways are expected if in doubt.
  3. Politely decline any meeting with a note if you feel you add no value or it won’t offer you any value towards the meetings desired outcomes.
2 Likes

You don’t work in the public service.

2 Likes

Pre-populate is OK if the entity supplying the form also holds the relevant data, eg the ATO and income tax forms.

A synonym for pre-fill IMO.

Why not just say, pre-fill? Or Fill-in?

Yes. It’s the “populate” part that’s the w-word. To populate means to people. You don’t put people in the empty boxes in a form, you put words or numbers.

1 Like

I think that’s being a tad pedantic. I don’t necessarily think that populate means only people, or animate objects.

1 Like

Good Lord, … :roll_eyes:

It’s Cadence. Everything has the right cadence.

WTF does that even mean?

1 Like

I’ve only ever used it as a Musical term when writing.

If someone co opted it for something else, … they are very likely a full blown wanker.

The Andalusian cadence is a progression of chords used in flamenco guitar. Its
Am G F E. Amazing sound when played well.

segue has become a w@nkword.
w@nkphrase - these are extraordinary times

So, WTF does it mean, in music or in business? Must be worth it cause everyone’s saying CADENCE!!

A beautiful rhythmic sound?

Well, in speaking or singing, it means the modulation of the voice and/or inflections and emphasis used, … the rise and fall of the Vox.

In music usually referring to the rhythm.

In a sound envelope, referring to the decay, … so again, the “Fall” away of the note.

I just looked it up, In business, it’s basically referring to the whole machinery running in good rhythm, . so I guess, everything happening as it should, WHEN it should,

So keeping everything running to a regular beat? :thinking:

2 Likes

Not really that new, has been used in that sense for 15-20 years in computing.

1 Like

:rofl: Oh they don’t hire consultants in the public service?

Im sure even if they don’t they study at the same schools.

“pivot”

3 Likes