We are Essendon

Can’t really imagine supporting any other team to be honest. I mean I find others entertaining, but I can’t care as much as I care about Essendon and I have no idea, it’s just IN ME.

I’ve been plenty frustrated with em over the years that’s for sure, embarrassed at big losses etc, But still
Come back to em. Always have, always will.

This may sound trivial, but one thing I wish the club would shed is that god awful logo from the 90s and go back to either the decent emblem from the 80s or even the more traditional one prior or just update it for the times.

Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

2 Likes

WE ARE ESSENDON, WE ARE ESSENDON
WE ARE ESSDON, WE ARE ESSDON
WE ARE SDON - WE ARE SDON

*just fast clapping.

WE ARE ESSEENNNEN WE ARE ESSSENENNN

ESSENNNENNN,CLAP X3

Lol they did it twice. We spanked them by about 110 points and they did it after a late goal and “filled” the roar meter.

1 Like

Werssendon Werseendon

Fast clapping

Buy the ■■■■■ a metronome. Can remember one day in the GS (it may have been @Mendozaaaa or even a rare @dingus appearance) went off their ■■■■■■■ rocker telling them to slow down.

2 Likes

The few times I’ve stood on the Wing…. The cheer squad get the chant going, and by the time everyone on the Wing & pocket starts to join in, the cheer squad are just fast clapping and then sit down.

Why you guys hating on @Stallion s mate PETE LAZER?

2 Likes

We need to bring back the slow bombers chant at the end of the last quarter when we have it in the bag.

COLLLLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNGGGGGGWOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD

Just horrible.

2 Likes

In a couple of weeks we can go with daaniheer your a floooggg daaniheer your a floogggg

1 Like

Just you, from my POV.

2 Likes

Jeez i ■■■■■■■ loved this one in recent memory

5 Likes

WRSNN, WARESN!

2 Likes

Yeah I grew up with the 80s logo, never liked it when we switched

2013 was such an awful year during the week but there was a time mid season where it felt like we as a supporter group had the collective power to influence the result through OUR team. I just watch highlights of the early season Carlton game. That was huge. Notably humorous for the Myers headfake running into goal, seemingly in slow motion, and Ive just noticed that “arms girl” a favourite from the 09 Anzac Day miracle may have made a less conspicuous appearance in the crowd shot after Melksham kicked his third.

l eagerly await Nino’s contribution to this thread.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s just you.

1 Like

I was sitting in the terraces at the our end for both games.

Those two clearances from Daisy Williams in '84 were brilliant, but the two finishes from Leon Baker were equally as brilliant. Once we he kicked the first you knew we were a decent chance to win. Hawthorn had stopped.

In the '93 Prelim the crowd started to light up as Olarenshaw took off from half back and ran though the middle. Once Calthorpe had marked the ball and dished it off to Mercs you knew it was going through. That bloke was Silk before Silk. It was the loudest roar I reckon I have heard.

1 Like

Every player in the buildup to the Mercuri goal was a teenager, or 20 at most.

1 Like

Remember that one well