We won’t win a flag without a champion CHF

Alwyn Davey was our greatest CHF in the last 10 years. We missed an opportunity.

5 Likes

Harsh on Mia-Rae Clifford and Renee Tierney. Fede was moreso FF.

And the two before that in 1962 and 1965 we had Ken Fraser.

1 Like

You’ve forgotten the articles about our “horseshoe” forward line in 1993?

(To be fair, that was the media not acknowledging that Hird was good)

That said, Jones can absolutely be Hird circa 1993 as far as playing CHF.

Roger I assume, not Zac?

We don’t really have a CHF and haven’t had one for a long time

Jones is more of a floating tall HFF

Stringer doesn’t have the marking ability or the workrate to do it

Baldwin seems to be more of a deep forward

Wright always looks dangerous when plays slightly higher. But he is needed deep forward

We don’t really seem to draft forwards either. Majority of the talls we draft are backmen

2 Likes

The horseshoe forward line was literally that. I can remember the first time I saw it. All our forward line were on the boundary line with a huge empty space in the middle. It didn’t stay that way once the ball moved towards our goals. It meant that there was a lot of space for forwards to lead into.

2 Likes

We don’t need a champion CHF but we need an adequate one. I’m disappointed they didn’t persevere with Baldwin. He barely got to string two games together, and then Harry Jones was given about 4 games that he didn’t deserve, and when they finally dropped Jones they still didn’t go back to Baldwin.

He certainly wasn’t great in the games he played, but he showed a bit, and he’s about the only genuine KPP-sized player that we have up forward.

2 Likes

ANNOUNCE FRANKLIN

Yes. Poor ZM has not had premiership success (yet).

1 Like

Thread delivers

Okay, I’ll admit we had trouble finding a CHF after Alwyn Davey retired — but hell’s bells, haven’t we got James Stewart now ??

We have two daveys coming, double the CHFs we’re good.

He’d probanly fit the bill imao next season. Worth a shot at least as he leads and brings the ball down if not able to take a grab. Unless we sign a new Curmow type this off season which is unlikely. Hopefully the new coach gets Stewart rolling and confident.

Would we win a flag without a BB key CHF? Me thinks it’d make things easier for the smalls and 2MP, Jones and Stringer and I50 pressure put it that way.

2 Likes

unlike our midfield heyoooooooo

1 Like

I’m just here for the Ulwyn Davey material

Who would you want in a grand final- 1993 James Hird or 2020 Jake Stringer?

Full Forward…Harry McKay
Centre Half Forward…2MP

InstaFlag !!!

1 Like

lol that was my first thought when i saw the title

i don’t think we’ve deliberately broached that small bit between the centre square and the fifty arc since the early 21st century

1 Like

We wont win a flag without a CEO or a coach lol