Week 1 Finals Thread

a lot of big name geelong players have done nothing. Mackie and Kelly have been ineffective. upside in some ways, perhaps.

a lot of big name geelong players have done nothing. Mackie and Kelly have been ineffective. upside in some ways, perhaps.

add hawkins to that list as well

add hawkins to that list as well

hawkins has threatened and missed quite a few chances.

Scores level at half time, Geelong looked cooked a while ago and now Hawthorns defense looks cooked, Lake and Gibson playing like spuds.

What a cracking game...sure there has been a lot of errors but they've been as a result of great pressure.

I can't wait until we can start consistently playing at this level.

We are a long way off these teams.

What a cracking game...sure there has been a lot of errors but they've been as a result of great pressure.

great thing about footy, we all see different things. I don't think this game has hit any great heights yet and i think self-induced pressure has been more evident than opposition-forced errors.
but its a close game so that adds some natural tension.

based on what we've just seen over the last two quarters? only in the sense of being unable to sustain the required level, imo. we don't have the regular ceiling that hawthorn have in particular.

I have an unusual and unexplainable hatred towards Puopolo.

based on what we've just seen over the last two quarters? only in the sense of being unable to sustain the required level, imo.

Absolutely spot on IMO.

great thing about footy, we all see different things. I don't think this game has hit any great heights yet and i think self-induced pressure has been more evident than opposition-forced errors.
but its a close game so that adds some natural tension.

This whole season has been rather underwhelming really.  The quality of footy has been down, the skills quite poor.

Poor Poppy

Only just realised this game is on, couldnt give two farks about it

It‘s worth watching; that hot bartender “standard drinks” ad is back on high rotation.

Any blitzers here?

Good game of footy

Yeah me too ... I think it's called "Small Poppy Syndrome"

cops a lot of scorn from opposition supporters for the free-kick situation but Selwood is a freakishly good player.

cops a lot of scorn from opposition supporters for the free-kick situation but Selwood is a freakishly good player.

He also has really dreamy eyes.

hawkins got a bit fortunate there, but the only reason he hasn’t shredded Lake tonight is because he’s dropped clear chances.

Hawkins been gifted a couple free's now. Other than that he has been very inneffective.

Pretty decent game of footy.

mackie might want to avoid giving any of his customary “lip”. having a shocker of a game.