Weight loss

What flavour manshake is the best?

Iā€™m starting to get keen on this idea of only eating between certain times. I think itā€™s realistic for me as I never snack in the evenings anyway and I usually eat dinner by 6. Not eating breakfast until about 10 will take the most getting used to.

@bltn how essential is the black coffee to this? If I had some milk, would it be a deal breaker?

I suppose once you start adding calories, youā€™re not really Fasting anymore, but you know whatā€¦a drop of milk, thatā€™s negligible.
Go for it.

Thanks! Iā€™ll try when I get back to work!

I havenā€™t been snacking.
My routine last 3 days
7am - 2 weetbix + half banana with skim milk
12/1pm - leftovers from hello fresh night before
5:30pm - dinner with a LoBros cola

1 Like

I often donā€™t eat til about 11. I usuaully start work at 0730, so would eat breakfast quite early. I found it was just opening my apetite, and making me super hungry all day. Iā€™m not on a diet, and fortunately donā€™t need to be, but it doesnā€™t take much for my stomach to play up. You get used to it fairly quickly, especially when youā€™re busy at work.

5 Likes

No. You should consider your calcium intake. Building strong bones at this stage of your life delays or prevents osteoporosis later.

2 Likes

The Michael Mosley 16:8 diet worked wonders for me. That, 10000 steps and a lo-carb/pescatarian approach saw me knock off nearly 25kg during Covid. I was quite ok with that but appreciate everyone has their own views and approach. I picked up a few kegs over X/NY as we had houseguests and ate differently but Iā€™m back on the straight and narrow. Planning is half the battle Iā€™ve found. Prevents mishaps.

4 Likes

I have Vanilla, Banana and Choc. Mix em all up to

Thank you. I eat yogurt everyday and cheese on most. Iā€™d drink perhaps 75ml of milk with my coffee at present.

Maybe cut out the weet bix, lots of sugar.

1 Like

Agree on the intermittent fasting as a winning weight loss technique.

The reason is that dieting by excluding food I think is unsustainable psychologically.
(Exceptions being allergens and intolerances where you feel better immediately).

The fasting window gives you a dopamine reward hit when you can enjoy a meal as soon as itā€™s time to break fast.

Plus is so incredibly simple.

Also favour a high fibre diet and plenty of h2o. Focus on consuming more good stuff rather than avoiding stuff.

People should also read the ingredients. Drinking coke zero/diet coke/skim milk doesnā€™t necessarily make it healthy, because they have probably substituted it with worse ingredients.

1 Like

I donā€™t think much of Diet Coke.

If your gonna have a coke, make it the real thing.

Fantastic treat I reckon if you never drink it too occasionally indulge.

Yep. My worst crime since covid and wfh is having a can of Coke Zero a day at lunch. Thatā€™s 6 months worth of the rubbish. Iā€™m sure itā€™s contributed to my bloated ness. I havenā€™t had any since on leave, which is good, except if Iā€™ve been out for a meal.

Theyā€™re actually fairly low in sugar, especially compared to most other cereals. There are healthier options but thereā€™s nothing wrong with 2 weetbix and half a banana. Quite a healthy breakfast and low in calories

4 Likes

itā€™s weird flavoured milk and sugar free fizzy drinks are constants in my life for so long ( hence i was a jelly filled balloon for so long).
they were the 2 hardest things I thought iā€™d struggle to give up.
Went vegan and the milk thing simply ceased to be a craving/issue (and iā€™d tried before to give em up just cos they are filled with so much sugar with no luck).

prolly 4 ish months ago decided to give drinking 5 litres of water a day a go to see if it helped, and the craving for fizzy drinks went with it.

sometimes ya just wake up and realise itā€™s not worth it and move on, yet til then itā€™s such a struggle.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I have them. Low Cal option

1 Like

I gladly can go without flavoured milk.

My biggest weakness is friday night and sat night take away.

I was surprised how I adapted to LoBros Cola and Rasberry Lemonade Flavoured Kombucha (buy at Woolies). Havenā€™t wanted a coke for the last 3 days.

Currently sitting at Maccas with the kids eating a happy meal and me sucking down soda water and no food.

1 Like

Random question:

Skinny Chai Latte? Yes or no full of sugar?

Donā€™t want 2 coffees a day but have been thinking of having one.