Weight loss

Spot on. I’m on 1400 calories if I’m eating out I leave over half to compensate the fat content like olive oil and butter.

1 Like

I use heaps of Extra Virgin Olive oil. I go through bottles of it.

In fact i really believe the anti-inflammatory omega 9 in Olive oil, has helped me lose plenty of weight over the last few months. And has amazing antioxidant health benefits.

I’d prefer to get my energy from a clean fat source like Extra virgin Olive oil, than sugar, wheat or rice.

2 Likes

ive never been back to where i want to be, tbh. completely get where your coming from though

With lots of events happening over Christmas break, I put back on 4kg in 3 weeks. Shockingly disgusted that the saying “a moment on the lips is a while on the hips” applies to me lol. I went from 77kg to 81.

Back onto the program excepts applying what I learnt to using a different food program as Jenny Craig was just not feasible with their pricing. $100 membership for 14 weeks to get a 20% discount on food which still cost, for my wife and I, $105 each and that didn’t include the vegies and or fruit serves throughout the day (outside of their dinners).

We have decided to go back onto Lite n Easy to move the stubborn 10kg that is left for me to be in the ideal weight range and surprised at how much it changed (in a good way).

The 3 options to choose from for breakfast and lunch each day (used to just be 2). I reckon the fresh dinner options (not just frozen) is a winner and love them so far (the avocado and egg salad is delicious as is the steak and prawns.

I like the fact we don’t have to order any fruit or vegetables if we don’t want to as it’s all included. I didnt like the repetitive apple/orange that was included, but I’ll live lol. This for the same price as Jenny Craig (and I don’t have to pay $100 every 14 weeks).

I am still intermittent fasting by not eating between 6pm and 7am each day. Upping my water intake. Slowing down my eating to saviour my food and give myself a chance to digest.

Also, I’m making 2 days where I don’t eat before midday to kickstart my metabolism again.

5 days in and I am back to 79.5kg.

2 Likes

Great job! We all put on a bit over the holidays, it’s almost unavoidable. Tough part is getting back into your routine and you seem to be all over it!

1 Like

Everytime I apply healthy eating habbits:

2 Likes

Stopped light & easy due to cost after losing 7kg. Then was bouncing around 80 - 82kg for a couple weeks. Was aiming to walk 15k steps a day (Thanks Darli - this was great advice).

Then decided to take bull the horns and started having minimal breakfast, egg, couple almonds,and some cherry tomatoes and a quke. Then during day at work was smallest can tuna (tomatoe basil one) and smallest edgells can of edgels lime black beans. And very small serve of dinner (whaterever family was eating) and half a mango or apple.

This has seen me down to 77kg and just nudged into healthy BMI range. Am back into all my favourite clothes. (Took extreme diligence to get here)

Ultimate aim is 72kg (mid healthy BMI range) - which would take me to where I was in my mid twenties.

6 Likes

If you eat more lean protein you’ll feel fuller in case your current diet is making you feel hungry.

Great effort to lose the weight.

72kgs for a mid-healthy bmi range? Are you on the short side (sub 170cms) because that’s a pretty healthy weight for any middle aged male regardless of frame/muscle mass. I don’t trust those bmi calculations. I have mates who would be considered to have low bmi’s yet have beer guts and never exercise. And on the other side of it I have a mate who is a PT and a fitness junkie whose bmi marks him as overweight.

F45 is good eh.

Been wanting to start up again(they even were going to give me a free january). Ive just been crook, suffering a cough and colds. Going on for ages this time

1 Like

F45 shut down

1 Like

I’m ashamed to say I have put on close to 10kg in 5 months. With money being tight I looked up some exercise routines and stumbled upon a video by Jensen Tung. Yes this bloke had some muscle and fitness base prior but it looked interesting and thought the playground type workout could be a goer
Basically go to the playground everyday for 30 days to use the local equipment for a workout.

There are a few hurdles such as weather and when it becomes busy. Being in Autumn and Winter hopefully the cold keeps the kids at bay. I would be going in the evening or early morning. Here is what I have to work with lol.

Not much to work with compared to what Jensen had. There aren’t any parks near me with monkey bars and I don’t want to trespass at schools which normally lock their gates near my home.

Any ideas on exercises I can do on these equipment would be great.

2 Likes

It depends on what you enjoy. Diet aside, enjoying the exercise is the key. If you have never been into exercising then I suggest focusing on diet instead and walk at least one hour everyday. Keep it simple and real.

1 Like

unless your short, most monkey bars are too low to the ground and need to lift legs up as well, making it not that fun. I don’t imagine schools would be impressed with adults using their school equipment.

Is that exercise machine a chest press?

15 Best Exercises You Can Do In The Park | AFA Blog (fitnesseducation.edu.au)

This looks like a spin class in the park - funny.

I think your best bet would be to do bodyweight stuff

• planks
  • push ups
  • situps /crunches
  • burpees
  • short sprints
  • squats
  • lunges

If it was me I would get a second hand road bike, or take up running socially like - park run
I find doing exercise with other people helps you keep at it. takes your mind off it.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be a pull down but its busted. The bar was from when they had a air walker type thing but it broke.

air walkers are quite fun, but as others said maybe just set a time goal and do 20min walk out and back etc.
Building up to running programs just start off like
2 min walk 1 min run x 5
then gradually build up from there and reduce the walking time or increase the running time.

Caught up on the last 200-ish posts just now.

@SillyBilly hopefully all the work you did last year will give you confidence you can stabilize things and get yourself back on track

1 Like

Well I went backwards big time and I am ashamed of myself :frowning:

Weighed myself last week and I blew up to 102kg. Work schedules and just general CBF cooking led to this which is crap. Also being addicted to junk food (finally owning it) doesn’t help.

My lowest on Jenny Craig was 78kg at end of 2022. None of the clothes I bought back then fitted and I found myself getting the ol XXLs back out.

Setting my target of 30kg in 30 weeks. Dunno how I will go.

Using Lite N Easy since Jenny Craig shut down. Wife is just ordering the 1500cal plan and I am on the 1200 jump start pro.

Breakfast this morning:

Protein shake (with psyllium husk to help cholesterol) and coffee

Posting start photo.

2 Likes

Hmmm … from your photo you look like an average size man with a carb belly. Have you considered a low carb/keto type plan?

1 Like

Being bigger than you’d like isn’t the slightest bit shameful.

Owning up to an imperfection that impacts your health and vowing to work on it should be a source of pride.

You got it, mate. Clean that diet up and you’re set!

4 Likes