Weight loss

Yes I mean real whole foods. The above looks good.

1 Like

I love it but just don’t have the time too cook, except on weekends

1 Like

I’m not one that takes photos of my food, but here is an example of me getting home from work and realising i don’t have anything to cook…. So I raided the fridge, threw it all in a pan (and oven grilled sweet potatoes and Zucchini).

I’ve dropped 8 kg just by concentrating on healthy fat, High protein, and heaps of veggies. Plenty of olive oil and spices.

It’s definitely something will continue with long term, as i just don’t get hungry.

Trying to drop weight by restricting calories just means I will put the weight back on if I haven’t changed my cooking habits.

(On my plate)Bacon, avacado, mushroom with garlic, sweet potato chips with abit of mayo, fried cherry tomatoes, grilled Zuccini, (and forgot to fry some baby spinach)

3 Likes

first Dyson now kyrgios promoting this stuff.
anything special about this drink.
supposed to have probiotics in itZ

no sugar low calorie fizzy drink.
haven’t had one myself

I don’t mind the “kreol” ginger and lime as a similar thing. Not super justifiable, but on a warm day it goes down pretty well

1 Like

It might be decent, but anything promoted by that uber flog Kyrgios is an automatic no from me.

1 Like

he has buried the hatchet with Tipsatas now.

i have struggled with weight for years. ive tried shakes, diets, everything

what has worked for me is eating 6 meals a day, and speeding up my metabolism.

oats for brekky then the day consists of chicken, rice, sweet potato, beef, veggies, ricecakes with tuna and cottage cheese and fish for dinner

i have now lost around 11-12kg. 8 would have been from just diet.

i now go to F45 and want to keep going. feeling great, sleeping better. more positive all round. i highly suggest giving it a go if you are like me

18 Likes

Great stuff wob.

Its a fine line between living a beige life with none of our favorite foods and looking affer our health, especially when you cook the meats you do!

Yeaaaars ago I started (and pulled out) of my honours project at uni looking at rewards, food and exercise. We were testing a questionaire to help triage people who need nutritional intervention vs exercise intervention to achieve health goals. I believe this was taken on by others who are now running it as a PhD at UWA.

This was based around the hypothesis of some people over-rewarding after exercise and negating any positive calorie effect, or even creating a negative effect. The end goal was for the questionare to help Doctors with TII Diabetics and triage them to a Nutritionist instead of an Exercise Physiologist on Chronic Disease Management Plans and break the endless negative feedback loop (and money) where exercise isnt helping, or may infact be contributing to this particular over-rewarding of food post-exercise. E.g diabetic sent to Exercise Physiologist, told to exercise, overrewards, negates nutritionist input, rinse repeat every year with a new medicare plan, increased health care cost, etc etc.

Long story short quite often exercise will fall short of helping us reach our goals when our diet isn’t on point. So food for thought if you’re trying to lose weight, are you a rewarder? Do you exercise to maintain your habits and diet? This may be the contributing factor to a health issue or lack of progress you’re experiencing

2 Likes

You can’t out run a poor diet :wink:

I have snuck back under 74kgs, first time since injury. solely down to less snacks.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I lost 15 kilos in 4 months by running for 90 minutes a day. Still drank booze and ate roasts for dinner every other night. It’s hard to reclaim let alone exceed those calories when you’re burning through 3500 of them most days. Dieting is just misery for me. Exercising more and just eating what I want is always a happier relationship.

The problem for most people who could potentially be new to prolonged exercise is that they don’t know how many calories they’re burning, not are they aware of the macros/calories they’re consuming.

1 Like

Garmin changed all that for me. I did calorie counting for a week (which I despised) just to get a rough idea of how many I was consuming and so now know how active I need to be to avoid dieting.

4 Likes

i also dont consider this a diet. its a lifestyle change. when i get close to my goal weight ill probably be a litrle less strict but all natural, high protien foods are serving me well. I find anything thats full of preservatives or un natural now, my body doesn’t like it

3 Likes

Does anybody have experience in using acupuncture for weight loss? My wife went for a neck-related problem, but funnily enough she shed 10kgs almost immediately following the treatment - very much an unexpected positive side effect.

As one who has many times worked and eaten carefully to lose weight, lost it, then “relaxed a little bit”, and put all that weight back on, may I suggest not relaxing when you get back to where you were?

No doubt it can be done, but I have never been able to do it successfully.

3 Likes

I calorie count but it gets easier after a while because you eat the same meals. I then roughly estimate calories when I go out to eat. I’d encourage people to try ot and then do exercise that tracks calories burned because I think people overestimate how much you burn exercising and how many more calories you’re eating.

2 Likes

The amount of calories in olive oil and butter is frightening, and restaurants LOVE using both because its makes everything taste great and puts a nice aesthetic glaze on your food. At home I can control that, but when eating out you need to overestimate your calorie consumption and adjust accordingly.

1 Like

90mins a day of running is a bloody good achievement, and I’d agree that would run off just about any poor diet.

My body would break if i ran that much but i can manage 3 x 5k runs a week at around 10.5k to 11k hr.
I also do some form of weight training once a week.

Been doing the above for about 3 months and I’ve lost about 7kg and have 2kg more to go to get to where I want to be.

I’ve kept the same diet which is reasonable anyway but not great. I still drink the same amount of alcohol which is way too much beer most nights lol

My program is working for me and I’ve gone from doing 0 exercise for about the last 5 years to feeling like a cantt go without it now. It actually has become my lifestyle… I hope!!!

5 Likes