🎉 Welcome to discourse.bomberblitz.com

Ummm…have you even blitzd before?

Is there as way to view in a threaded replies style?

@Riolio what is the elite thing about?

The titles seem glitchy, I lost my Player Sponsor title and all these people turning up with “Elite” titles,

Funny how that seems offensive and elitist when I’m not one of them.

I would have thought if anyone was deserving of the “Elite” tag, … it was Player Sponsors, … as against…whatever it is that earns it …???

Perhaps PS’s are soon to be tagged “Elite” Elite?? :stuck_out_tongue:

No it sure isn’t

3 Likes

Nah, make it “Eliterer than you” to really get up the non-elites noses.

2 Likes

You called?

2 Likes

Made some minor tweaks to the mobile version this morning. Should stop layouts breaking on some longer usernames.

Smarty pants

Is there a way of reply without having to scroll all the way to the bottom or replying to a specific post?

The reply button on every post doesn’t quote them automatically, so you can use any of them rather than the reply button at the very bottom.

Note that there is an option in the preferences that determines where you end up after posting: at your current location, or at the location of your new post. The former helps you not lose your spot when responding in rapid or not-read-for-a-while threads.

@theDJR Just gave ‘rate limiting’ a 10x increase which should stop 427 errors from happening. We shall see next game thread.

1 Like

I like discouse as a platform, but I have lost my Feb 2010 starting date from my original account, I have no access to titles for being a sponsor or a reasonably longstanding BB member, and lost 4000 likes.

This doesn’t seem to be the same for everyone, other than the likes which we were warned about (so fair enough).

Is it because the platform is inconsistent in how it provides info and preferences for users?

None of this really matters much relative to the enormous service BB provides diehard Bomber fans, but it is my feedback on the experience of the new platform.

Most people should’ve kept their start dates and post counts but didn’t we have some shenanigans with your account? If you’re a current player sponsor I can restore that for you.

Yes I am a current player sponsor and on the list, but not as an option as a title in preferences.

My shenanigans related to: somehow my accounts got mixed up. I started in 2010 as a Blitzer called rijofl (newbie mistake) and changed to an account called SCarey (October 2014).

Somehow vanilla rijofl became discourse SCarey and vanilla SCarey became discourse SCarey1.

Not really sure why / how the accounts got tangled up. How did it even know that the same user that was rijofl was also SCarey?

Right, well, … that cleared things up … :astonished:

1 Like

Just realised you can access the scroll bar on mobile by double tapping the post counter within a thread. Nice.

On the discourse app that is.

Hi Rolo, can you make it so I have the option of using the title player sponsor?

The only option available for me in preferences is “regular”.

It would be nice to have an accurate start date too, if possible.

Guessing you used the same email for them both?

They are similar but not the same. Both accounts are still active and have different emails addresses.