Former #40 Will “Snello” Snelling

Very sneaky Essendon. Drafting a new Physical Performance Manager.

10 Likes

Jackets going to a new level - on field and off field recruiting with the one player who naturally is a leader.

1 Like

Dodo said if we took a second pick mcneice would have to be demoted back to catb list. And club didn’t want that

We’re playing Carlton in the VFL too. That would still count as a debut of sorts.

I’m backing that he’s playing VFL

2 Likes

Yes he did but it doesn’t make sense given we have 4 LTIs. Even once Mutch is fit again we still would have a spare place for McNeice even if we had taken a second pick.

Fair enough

LOL Speedy.

1 Like

That wasn’t a comment about us beating them easily. More that if you were going to give him a first game to play that would be simpler transition as they are all over the shop also!

As much as it would be a “nice” story that he plays this week in the AFL, it will be an absolute indictment on our list and selection policy if he does.

1 Like

That makes me super confident that he is about to debut.

Yeah have heard that, fair enough I guess

This post was based on RoCo saying on Footyology that there was a rumour he would play-hardly as certain as this makes it sound. He could still play but Connelly wasn’t saying he knew.

IMO you couldn’t possibly pick him unless you also pick Clarke.
What sort of a message would that send to Clarke if we pick Snelling 3 days after walking in the door, when Clarke has put in, week after week, in the VFL.

9 Likes

The message would be that he needs to pack his bags because he doesn’t have a future here.

3 Likes

Well he doesn’t need to learn the game plan. We don’t have one

2 Likes

Admission by omission makes perfect sense when you don’t want to answer the other question(s).

1 Like

I know it was at Port Adelaide and tarps are notoriously tight-lipped, but he made his debut for them technically.

Not of sorts. It does, … it is/would be.

Good pick up. Someone could easily be playing funny buggers and referencing VFL.

That person said Rohan Connolly said on a podcast that snelling may play. Not concrete tbh

The message would be that you are likely to be delisted at the end of the year.