Welcome to Essendon - #49 Jaiden Hunter - cower before him, 2024

2 Likes

The way I see it is you have your Charlie Curnow’s and Tom Hawkins and Tex Walkers post-scandal. We have Hunter. That one player that opposition defenders are terrified of. Their only chance is he has a sore foot, or is not listed and playing.

1 Like

Feels a no brainer to keep him. It’s a shallow draft, we are not short of players to delist and he plays in a position where we need to find someone. He showed enough in the Carlton game. The second forward position is there for the taking - really hoping one of Jones of Hunter step up.

9 Likes

While l hope both Jones and Hunter step up and compete for a KPF, and you can add 2MP to the mix as well. The more competition, the better.

2 Likes

Seinfeld Banya GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

The only reason not to re-sign Hunter is if he is beyond repair injury-wise.
You know like Reid.

2 Likes

Far from anything concrete but Riley Beveridge in an article on the AFL Website today wrote: “signs have been positive on a potential new deal for the Bombers”

33 Likes

Take us to big clunking straight shootin’ kpf promised land young lad

I BELIEVE

16 Likes

You believe because he hasn’t played.

2 Likes

I’m believing based on his 2nd VFL game where he was launching at footy for marks, kicked 4 (including long bombs, boundary line dead eye set shots etc) and passed a few off as well

And how his WAFL start to season that had him in selected frame, Freo were close & we took him.

Got the talent. Can his body stand up though is the query.

16 Likes

But no AFL games.

At the moment he’s probably our most likely forward outside of wright and Langford to make something off himself in my opinion.
Which shows how poorly put together our list is

1 Like

ONLY two players from this year’s mid-season intake are yet to re-sign for next season, with mature-aged Geelong midfielder Mitch Hardie and young Essendon key forward Jaiden Hunter still waiting on offers for 2024.

I believe based on his physical profile and outings with the WAFL and vfl. Will that translate to AFL?? Who knows but we’ve been crying out for someone with his size and I think he can have an impact… well I hope he can.

4 Likes

All our players are stars until they play AFL

4 Likes

That’s why everyone loves Voss.

2 Likes

VOSS

2 Likes

Signs are positive according to Riley Beveridge…make of that what you will

12 Likes

I would much prefer it came from Cal but close enough I guess

3 Likes

Particularly when we play against a contested ball winning team.