Welcome to Essendon - Alex Rance

I was distracted by his arms.

2 Likes

I had jumped on this thread thinking that he had signed for us…but its ok I think we are waiting for the mid season draft :wink:

He also has a cap on backwards. So it all evens out.

I’m surprised people didn’t freak out more when it was revealed there would be additional salary cap available if coaches wanted to play in the VFL this year…

1 Like

You’d have to think a serious chance to be playing for Essendon at some point next year. Training like he still wants to compete.

So i think i heard on one of the numerous Essendon fan podcasts that he is only coaching up until the start of the season? is this right?

Then he plays

3 Likes

your gonna get a few peoples hopes up here.

i want Tex/Fejo

Rance can come in if Hurley retires. But looks like we will have a fit Hurley, so Rance can stay coaching.

Didn’t he need to nominate for the draft to be eligible for SSP? Like Mumford with GWS?

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

b: Kelly Rance Laverde
hb: Heppell Ridley Hind
int: Redman

That looks like a solid backline on paper.

2 Likes

I’d find it very amusing if Rance lined up for the bombers in 2022.

Cool but funny

3 Likes

I choose to remember him as the guy who made critical turnovers to gift wrap us wins (b4 the tigers and rance got good obviously)

1 Like

EFA

1 Like

He looks cherry ripe. Are keeping a spot open in the PSSD period ( and some cap space) to slip Alex in as a player? That would turn our defence into one of the best in the comp, not just the ability, but the General-ship.

Imagine the indignant frothing at the mouth by the Tiger Army if that happened. OMG!

1 Like

I’m fairly certain the Richmond football clubs loyal admirers would take umbrage to that fact Mr Darcy.

3 Likes

BT: Can you hear that Darce
Darcy: Hear what?
BT: The silence of the tiger Army
Darcy: Well, you can say that again, the only touches Reiwoldt has had tonight was in the warmup.
BT: Hard to believe after 2 years out of footy Rance could put in a round 1 performance like that.

2 Likes

can you guys ever remember a coach doing this many running drills and training?

it’s happening

10 Likes

we just need to get creative. Tell him look, theirs another supplements saga and we need “top up” players urgently.then when he signs for us, go back to him with a…

when is the latest we can add a SSP player?

best i found was (2019)
They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over.

So have Rance do all training then on the last day of SSP in March sign on and avoid a lot of the Media before round 1.

Have Rance and Hurley together at last, chuck in Jake Kelly, throw McGrath back, and we’ll have the best defence in all of 2017.

10 Likes