#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Is nobby the last Clarke to play for us?

Article posted now. You must have just missed it, Speedy.

Desire and work ethic takes Dylan Clarke on to Essendonā€™s list

SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun

DYLAN Clarke collapsed exhausted in the middle of an oval at Bonnie Doon.

The Essendon draftee was decked out in North Melbourne kit he had pinched from his brother Ryan and was giving a Kangasā€™ pre-season running plan a shake.

Every 55 seconds, Clarke would sprint 300m. If it took him 45sec, a 10sec break would be granted, and it ran him red in the face.

Clarke ā€” a close mate of the Donsā€™ No.1 pick Andy McGrath ā€” has completed four consecutive 1km runs and thumped out 2km and 5km time-trials, but last summerā€™s Bonnie Doon session proved the most gruelling.

ā€œWeā€™ll blame the heat or the long grass,ā€ he said.

ā€œI didnā€™t throw up, but it was the toughest pre-season running session Iā€™ve done.

ā€œRunning by yourself, as well, is always tougher. Thereā€™s no one to push you so youā€™ve got to be really self-motivated.ā€

It was that work ethic which helped Clarke land at the Bombers as their bargain pick.

Champion Data ranked him No.12 on its power rankings, but Essendon swooped with the No.63 pick as other clubs were put off by his rusty kicking.

List chief Adrian Dodoro said the most impressive aspect of Clarke was his desire.

ā€œHe wonā€™t leave any stone unturned,ā€ Dodoro said.

Clarke arrives in the AFL with four junior premierships and two league medals, and averaged 29 disposals (16 contested) and 145 SuperCoach points in this yearā€™s TAC Cup.

The Melbourne Grammar boy is only 15 months younger than Ryan, who was dubbed one of the ā€œbrightest young players in the competitionā€ by his coach Brad Scott this year.

ā€œHeā€™s an animal,ā€ Dodoro said of his Clarke.

ā€œLook, there are some deficiencies with his kicking, some may say. But weā€™re going to back our development coaches who have said already they can get him to a level thatā€™s good enough to play league footy.ā€

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/desire-and-work-ethic-takes-dylan-clarke-on-to-essendons-list/news-story/b4efdd1ee4f9b3b1d97ab7fdefb4e13a

Heā€™ll be lofting passes over his leading teammates heads and missing from 15 out, straight in front in no time then.

Weā€™re going to Bonnie Doon. Weā€™re going to Bonnie Doon.

I knew there was something about the vibe of this young fella that I liked.

Steven Clark?

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti-Clarke?

Peter?
Russell?

Peter? Russell?
Where's the f***ing cheese?

Everything Iā€™m hearing sounds like Priddis,

from what iā€™ve seen heā€™s a clearance machine. kicking is suspect but lots of quick handballs like Parish. I reckon jackets has done well with us getting this lad. Speaks well is very humble hope he makes it.

I reckon this guy is the smoky of our draft. He will become the real thing. I am thinking this guy is our Cripps, our Petracca, Think Josh Kennedy . ( all 188cm Ā±2cm)
Ball magnet with a huge tank. Kicking not so good? Just introduce him to Diesel and the rest will be history. How often does an inside mid need to kick the ball 60 metres?

Step aside. I am on the bandwagon.

I reckon this guy is the smoky of our draft. He will become the real thing. I am thinking this guy is our Cripps, our Petracca, Think Josh Kennedy . ( all 188cm +-2cm) Ball magnet with a huge tank. Kicking not so good? Just introduce him to Diesel and the rest will be history. How often does an inside mid need to kick the ball 60 metres?

Step aside. I am on the bandwagon.

You should be working in the promotions dep at Bomberland Chris.

I have the same level of excitement for Dyl as I did when we drafted Tom Hislopā€¦ remember him guys? I thought he was going to be the greatest inside mid weā€™d have for a while. Too bad he didnt have a brain though. Dyl looks like he has that in spades too.

On the bandwagon.

I have the same level of excitement for Dyl as I did when we drafted Tom Hislop... remember him guys? I thought he was going to be the greatest inside mid we'd have for a while. Too bad he didnt have a brain though. Dyl looks like he has that in spades too.

On the bandwagon.

Apparently he is likely to get a 99 ATAR score.

I have the same level of excitement for Dyl as I did when we drafted Tom Hislop... remember him guys? I thought he was going to be the greatest inside mid we'd have for a while. Too bad he didnt have a brain though. Dyl looks like he has that in spades too.

On the bandwagon.

Hislop on the other hand got 9.9

On the bandwagon.

Hislop on the other hand got 9.9

when its that low its witheld.

I love this window between the draft and and about half way through their first year when every draftee is the second coming of some all time great or another. Then he kicks across goal in the backline in the vfl one day and everyone one wants him delisted after one year on the list or go nuts when he is re-rookied.

I love this window between the draft and and about half way through their first year when every draftee is the second coming of some all time great or another. Then he kicks across goal in the backline in the vfl one day and everyone wants him delisted after one year on the list or go nuts when he is re-rookied.
Only if I tell them that.
I love this window between the draft and and about half way through their first year when every draftee is the second coming of some all time great or another. Then he kicks across goal in the backline in the vfl one day and everyone wants him delisted after one year on the list or go nuts when he is re-rookied.

You are the mainstream media, selectively presenting events to craft the perceptions of Blitzers.

Next thing weā€™ll have an alternative commentary team try to provide balance. 2 camps of commentators standing on either wing of be ground commentating 2 completely different interpretations of the same game. Then the right wing and left wing groups will start shouting abuse across the field until half time comes and everything spills into the field. Chaos. Blood. Crying childrenā€¦

Wowā€¦ that got out of hand fastā€¦ this VFL commentating thing is dangerous.

Djr - boomerang enthusiast and puppet master, likes to wear shorts

I like the sound of this kid but for whatever reason it appears to me Dodoro is very reserved when asked about him.

Unfortunately, we donā€™t have a great success rate with late picks in the ND so hopefully he can buck the trend.