#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Quality journalism there. Those guys are from the top drawer. So "he slided to pick 63". Doesn't look like the spend much on sub editors either.

Pretty good effort to have captained the captain while being the captain

Quality journalism there. Those guys are from the top drawer. So "he slided to pick 63". Doesn't look like the spend much on sub editors either.

Pretty good effort to have captained the captain while being the captain

Very impressive.

Did he kick any captains goals? they are always impressive.

Lookout Ambo.

Draft Combine:
3km time trial
Jarrod Berry (9min 46sec)
Tom Williamson (9:50)
Dylan Clarke (9:52)

Beep test
Jarrod Berry (level 15.1)
Oliver Florent (15.1)
Griffin Logue (15.1)
Harry Morrison (14.12)
Dylan Clarke (14.12)
Sam Powell-Pepper (14.7)

(Ambo beep tested at 16.3 in 2012, just short of the AFL record Hartung at 16.6 )

They left out the bit about how surprised he was that he doesn’t play for his own gear, and pay the $10 umpires’ money each week.

His brother had told him about life at the Roos.

“However, the Bombers nabbed the ball magnet when he slided to pick 63.”

“Dylan, who captained the Ranges captain this year”

FMD.

Even the part where the journo felt it necessary to ask if he’d still be friends with his brother since they got drafted to two different footy clubs…

“Yeah nah it’s been tough, being born only a year apart we’ve been thick as thieves our whole lives but now he has to wear blue and white and I wear red and black it’s basically written in the stars that he is now my nemesis. We haven’t spoken since the draft.”

"However, the Bombers nabbed the ball magnet when he slided to pick 63."
They probably read Blitz earlier this week and the only thing in their mind was not to use the word “slud”.

thread is highly amusing

Having gone for McGrath whose massive strength is outside run, ( lets be honest ) this was the guy that we needed for the coal face. He is more in the Petracca , Cripps, Viney, Jones, Oliver, Dangerfield height range . He is in pretty good good shape but might have to put on about 5 kgs of muscle as an inside mid at AFL level, but thats a given, since he is only 18. He will cover the fact that last year Melbourne took Clayton Oliver at pick 4 and we took the shorter Parish at 5 ( probably as a consequence) .

He may be the surprise package of the draft for us. Go Bombers !

Bro Viney is 178cm, Petracca is 186cm, Cripps is 191cm. Pretty much every single midfielder is in between this height range lol

Thats a good pick up jamie 0491 you are spot on about Viney, hes a short ■■■■.

Clarke played at Knox with Ridley. Begley was at UFTG also in the EFL. Knox were the gun u14 & u15 team. In the u17’s uftg were premiers in a lower grade whilst Knox were middling at the premier (highest grade). Ridley went to Oakleigh, the other two played at Eastern Ranges.

Libba was more important in the GF win than Bont IMO. Just saying.

Got have a hard nut or two who can actually get a hardball.

Also, I can’t believe that he will remain friends with his brother despite being at different AFL teams. Monsters!

I really like this pick - definitely my favorite. He can really find the ball and is good overhead. A real bargain who I think besides McGrath will play the most senior footy next year.

I must say though his kicking reminds me of a left handed golfer trying to hit wedge over a bunker and on to a green. Kind of tentative, slow through the air and would not be surprised to see the odd shank.

I want to do better at English

Also, I can’t believe that he will remain friends with his brother despite being at different AFL teams. Monsters!

Sure they can be friends . No problem. Just tell him about IP and the Talia story during the AFL induction period.

At North IP standards for ‘I’m poor’.

Oh, right … I always thought it stood for Impoverished Pissants.

The subbie is virtually extinct now.
Journos sub their own stories these days.

Yeah, you’re not giving up family for a club like North Melbourne.