#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

As a couple we can call them Dyldo

24 Likes

That was actually pretty funny. I loved the Aaron black gag at the end.

Sounds like a Sacha Baron Cohen intro

On Shiel’s highlights video: “
 does the BeyoncĂ© - to the left, to the left”.

■■■■ off, Dwayne. You’re ruining it. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Looking at the new highlights package just now, I had no idea he had that kind of legit top end speed. Wow. He’s significantly quicker than any of our other full-time mids and has exactly the sort of pace we’ve been crying out for around stoppages unless Raz gets pushed up to the ball. Doesn’t mind a one two while accelerating either which is very nice to see. Please stay fit tbell and spoon feed this guy.

14 Likes

Nerd!!

1 Like

36 Likes

genuinely feel sorry for GWS supporters. Dwayne Russell seems to commentate every game they play. thats apalling

4 Likes

Cale Hooker is our best player. he doesnt win the b and f. but he has been our match winner more often than not.

I think we can almost cover for the absence of any other player. But we are a markedly worse side when Hooksy isnt playing.

Finding another contested marking beast like him is an absolute priority over the next 2 to 3 years. hopefully we find two.

Shiel will be great. I have him at Zach Merretts level. which is saying something. I cant believe we got him.

6 Likes

Lucky we got a FRANGA!

I reckon Raz is more important than Hooker.

1 Like

Based on win percentage in games played, wasn’t Dea our most important last season?

1 Like

Shiel will be our best kick in the midfield, Zerrett has lost a bit of his touch over the last year, Shiel is effortless silk

Sorry my bad, Dea best, then Raz

6 Likes

It’s hilarious. You can’t not laugh to it.

Tigers definitely had a huge win on that trade.

1 Like

So does Dev.

ESSENDON recruit Dylan Shiel says he wasn't sure he was going to make it to the Bombers until just before last night's trade deadline.

Shiel nominated the Bombers 10 days ago but it took until 8.20pm last night – 10 minutes before the cutoff – for Essendon to sign off on a deal that sent its first-round picks in this year’s and next year’s drafts to GWS in exchange for Shiel and a future second-round pick.

“Certainly towards the later stages of the trade it was getting a little bit nervous,” Shiel said on Channel 9’s The Trade Table.

"Obviously, I’m not working behind the scenes, so I was unsure about sort of the situation of the deal getting done 
 I tried to stay out of it and let the managers take care of it.

“I’m not sure how close Carlton were in the negotiations. Obviously, informing them a week or so ago that I would prefer to go to Essendon over Carlton was a hard call to make and probably the footy club thought that they may still be able to get hold of me if Essendon wasn’t able to come through.”

Shiel revealed the Giants had asked him to change his mind after other trades freed up salary cap room, but he repeated his desire to join the Bombers.

His decision came down to a choice between Essendon and Carlton, with other suitors St Kilda and Hawthorn out of the running early. The Bombers’ immediate on-field prospects were the final tipping point.

“I was really excited by the state of their list and what they can produce on field. Their second half of the year they showed some fantastic signs to take into next year and I believe that we can contend in finals next year,” Shiel said.

“It was – it came down to a football decision for me and I felt that just with the timing of where Essendon were, through their journey, and the timing of my journey, we just seemed to come together at the right time.”

11 Likes

Smith won the medal. He is our best player.
He can’t win the medal playing by himself.

Thought that was Henry Slattery at first sight.

10 Likes

A fit Daniher is number 1 and i’ts not even close.

11 Likes