#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

i am please you said “a bit”
just a bit

I was there with my brother. Freaking freezing cold. First (and last) time I drank coffee. I was on the wing when Timmy did his thing. Most amazing thing I had seen.

2 Likes

Shiel settling for less money has really set a great precedence for the younger guys coming through. If he has done it to have success with them then they will rociprocate keeping the group together longer. It’s a good start!

11 Likes

Can’t help being envious of all the money you’ve saved yourself!

Calm down everybody. This Shiel deal was settled before the week-end.
FCFC waited around Wednesday evening at the behest of the AFL to enhance the excitement/tension of a, supposedly undecided trade settlement. As with Beams, oh, my goodness will he go or not, keep watching to find out.
If it wasn’t fcfc it would have been someone else.
Yes I did read the flog’s article. It makes me realise I am a better person.

What irked me about Purple’s story was his sycophantic, fawning admiration of whorethorn.
He admitted everyone else criricised the club for earlier delistings and retirements but flog admires them.
Nobody wanted to go to whorethorn. They got Scully by accident and Wingard was as surprised as anyone that he ended up at whorethorn. Leftovers.
Also no mention of the fact that Dylan was prepared to take less than go to fcfc.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Essendon Dylan.

1 Like

Agree. Shiel will be one of only a couple of players on big coin at our club, but no one will complain, because he could have opted to go elsewhere to get more. There will be none of that envy or resentment within the playing group, which can be destructive.

1 Like

Interesting re-cap of the Shiel negotiations on the AFL website.
Particularly the involvement of Dan Richardson very late in the piece. Nice line in there on Dodoro taking of a jacket too.

2 Likes

nah, I probably spent more on coke

1 Like

I just can’t believe we have a big gun inside midfielder that I’ve been crying out for for years. Can’t wait to see the rest of the midfield grow an inch when they see the big dog with the strapping strut out by their sides. Also like Heppell being used more in a Hird like role thanks to Shiel, using his ability and x-factor to impose himself as opposed to having to take on way too much inside responsibility which I thought he had to do this year. Flow on effect to the rest of the midfield should be fantastic. Don’t think teams can just dismiss our midfield anymore.

4 Likes

Don’t think Heppell really is much of an X factor player tbh

3 Likes

I may not have explained it very well, but I think when Heppell’s on song he has that same ability that Hird did to lift the team with some inspiration. I just didn’t like Heppell having to do so much heavy lifting like he did this year.

I know GWS have plenty of talent still on their list but I think they will miss top 8 next season.

You can’t offload so many structurally important players and expect they are still going to be a cohesive unit.

Shiel has gotten out at the right time.

1 Like

actually don’t know what to do right now

2 Likes

can’t even complain about Colyer’s fumbling.

4 Likes

From this year’s side they only lost Shiel and Lobb though. I think they can still be better with a better injury run. I’m not convinced about their coaching though

4 Likes

I’m with JimmyPlunkett. Tbh, i’d rather Heppell be doing the heavy lifting. He can do that and still contribute a bit in other ways.

It’s more of an accumulation of lost players that will hurt them.

If they lost one of Caniglio or Ward I think they are in real trouble.

As good as Kelly is I don’t think he is the type of player that can carry a side.

He is silk and relies on others to give him time and space but he will get sat on far more if he doesn’t have that support around him.

Although Scully didn’t get a crack at it in 2018 he is still a huge loss to the way they play.

They were just an ok side this year and I have a feeling they will slide next year.

You are literally cliche.
Literally.

4 Likes

You’re just bias.

(I find it hard to even post it.)

2 Likes

Stewart -> Smith -> Shiel -> Greene?