Welcome to Essendon - Jade Gresham

Untitled

4 Likes

Didnā€™t even know Gresham had an indigenous background, nice to hear

Welcome gresh, go well son!

11 Likes

I always thought he was a gun a few years ago until I realized when he was a chance to come to us that he hasnā€™t been setting the world on fire of late. Hope he has a great career in the red and black!

1 Like

IMG_4559

1 Like

Jade Cucumber. I like

3 Likes

Welcome Jade. Great to have you onboard.

This is a good signing, happy with this. Everyone sooks about the sad state of our small forwards and then are non-plussed when we get a quality small. People are underestimating him and the impact he can have, heā€™s been a regular top 10 performer in their best and fairest.

He automatically becomes our best small forward; heā€™s crafty, agile and has smarts around goal, and acts as another avenue to goal. He also has the ability to also transition up the field with stints in the midfield/half-forward which is what the Saints did with him this year and last. Personally I hope we play him as a permanent small forward but he does offer flexibility.

31 Likes

Dreamtime a draw card?

25 Likes

https://twitter.com/essendonfc/status/1712626819541950767?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Club provided this update about 10 minutes ago, should hear official news soon

Drink!

2 Likes

Gresham
Menzie
Guelfi

Off load Snelling

8 Likes

Guelfi
Gresham Menzie

Welcome! Please be awesome. We need you.

17 Likes

adds pressure for the small forwards role, which is a good thing. Clear need for a more damaging small forward - pressure and hitting the scoreboard

hopefully a new environment with new coaches takes him up to another level or two

2 Likes

Going by his 2017-8 highlights he likes a ā€œcheating out the backā€ goal so not really a defensive fwd like Snelling or Guelfi.
He seemed to use his body well in the marking contest though, but didnā€™t really hit the packs at speed for crumbing goals and his kicking is a bit suspect.

Anyway welcome Gresh, hope your best is still in front of you.

Is it official yet

Hopefully he plays closer to goal.

I guess as we now have 4 first-rounders from the 2015 draft on our list, we should be ready to challenge?

3 Likes

Yep, heā€™s a Hayden Ballentine style player- very clever and bit of a ā€˜cheatā€™ - but his forward instinct and goal sense is much higher than anything we have currently.

I think heā€™s got quite a lot to offer our forward setup.

5 Likes

There is a reason the saints paid him 800k, he was on a superstar trajectory from early on before injuries hit. He had a lot of interest from rival clubs and Saints needed to lock him away.

I think people will be surprised at how good he is and I hope he can take his game to another level.

22 Likes

How old is he? Cbf checking.