Welcome to Essendon - Jade Gresham

Welcome Jade. Go well.

18 Likes

Welcome Grade Jesham!

1 Like

Go well Gresh

Thoughts Dunnybrush?

Good-bye Snelling. Hello Gresham. Meh

https://twitter.com/aflratings/status/1712620206793830473?t=kuSArHFFEGdDob0Q1uHV0Q&s=19

Mildly pleased with this. Looks to have explosiveness and guile, so does Menzie, see how they go. In bigger news Cucumbers thread is beating Gresham welcome thread with cool, crunchy ease

5 Likes

Jade isn’t the most thrilling incoming for mine, however he is better than Guelfi and Snelling who have both finished top 5 in our B&F over the years highlighting how average we have been. The club sold Guelfi and Snelling to us as pressure small forwards - however they kicked a combined total of 20 goals last year compared to Gresham who had 21. So play Gresham, clear out Guelfi and Snelling and you free a spot for someone else to actually have a real go.

15 Likes

I’m off to lid off thread with one eye on the cucumber

4 Likes

Guelfi did miss a huge chunk of 2023 due to injury.

I still think he can play a role for us as he did in 2022. Snelling we should move on from, though.

11 Likes

welcome Gresh, our small forward hopes rest with him.

Lovett → Saints → Carlisle - > Francis/Gresh - > Weid
now getting Gresh back

1 Like

Very happy with this.

Huge upgrade on what we have and another avenue to goal.

5 Likes

Welcome Gresh goid luck.

Played with his dad if he is anything like him we have a good one

4 Likes

I expect everyone’s eyebrows to be on fleek with this acquisition

1 Like

Not overly excited by this signing to be honest, but in simple terms it’s an incremental improvement to what we have (obviously will play Snellings role) without burning draft capital. Happy to give Gresh a chance and see what he can bring.

Not concerned with the money, he’s taken a pay cut (on $800K at Saints).

Also, there’s still the possibility that this is somewhat strategic if the compo pick finds it’s way back to us somehow, seems unlikely though.

6 Likes

Go well, Jade.
Welcome!

1 Like

YOU GO DISCO

This guy has some freak factor and loves a goal… He’s pretty talented and Stkilda fans I spoke too said he’s more at home closer to goal but Ross had pushed him too high up the ground.

Hopefully we get him back to his best and more. He’s the right age for our group too.

7 Likes

Hope he goes well, obviously.

Welcome aboard, Jade.

1 Like

agree, leave the other small forward options to the kids we have recruited(like Davey) to develop in. hope thats the strategy

1 Like