#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

2.95 sec 20 metre sprint is lightning quick for a player of any size, let alone somebody of Lav’s height.

Exciting prospect.

Welcome to the family.

7 Likes

Just for reference, alex morgan got 2.88 for the 20m sprint, and former rookie Gach also got 2.95.

So its farking fast, basically

4 Likes

LAV

This is going to get confusing. I suggest we call him “little Lav” to go with the lower case letters.

1 Like

In other fantastic news the kid in the blue/green singlet’s been signed by the Blues.

2 Likes

He’s a Westhoff! One of Luke’s best mates. A handy footballer in his own right.

1 Like

Looks a natural, moves well, doesn’t lumber like a lot of big blokes.

@S_K

Can you tell us what position he played his footy as a kid.
Can you tell us how far he can kick the footy and where you’d back him in to get a goal from.
Can you tell us what his skills are like when the ball is on the ground.
How clean were his hands as a soccer goalie, and did he ever play out of the goals.
Did he ever play basketball or volleyball, and was he any good?

Well you did ask what I wanted to know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m curious how clubs compete for Cat-B rookies. What types of things did various clubs put on the table? No need for specifics or stuff that shouldn’t be disclosed.

1 Like

He played pretty much only as a ruckman. He played his very early days footy at Edwardstown FC, where the game plan was Luke tapping the ball to Caleb Daniel who would bounce twice and then goal, then back to the centre square and repeat.

His Under 18s was at Goodwood Saints FC, a very popular club and they sat about 10 on the bench. He would ruck for half a quarter, and then go to the bench. He didn’t get a chance to develop elsewhere due to the numbers of kids they had to get on the field.

He can comfortably kick 50 m. Ball drop is his biggest issue, so accuracy over that distance needs work.

Skills below his knees is probably one of his stronger traits in comparison to other rucks he has played against. His hands as a goalie were very good, and he started soccer as a midfielder, before being thrown the gloves one day at school. He was fast tracked into State soccer squads pretty much from that point.

A bit of school basketball and volleyball for fitness (cricket really dominated his time). He is co-ordinated so was handy-ish at those sports.

46 Likes

You’re a star… thanks @S_K Greatly appreciated.

It’s particularly important that he is used to tapping it to a short bloke. No shortage of them in our midfield.

7 Likes

Welcome, Luke.

Thanks for the info, @S_K

Looking forward to seeing him run out in the red and black.

2 Likes

LAV

1 Like

No dribble goals in the high lights, I like.

Destination club

BASKETBALL BACKGROUND

2 Likes

Category B rookies are legitimately my favourite kind of recruits. Always feels like sneaking in an extra player. Looking forward to the Lavender Drapes combo.

13 Likes

It feels wrong. We’ve got Conor who could still be best in the league in his role or more than adequate at worst.

But conversely you get Rayner, and I don’t rate blicavs.

1 Like

Need to create an Alt Account called

LAV2LAV

Also congrats @S_K you done good.

1 Like

Blicavs is at least handy, has been worked out a little, but has won a B&F or gone close and will probably play 150 games.

Nothing to sneeze at, if you get that return on any pick after 1st/2nd round you’ve done well.

4 Likes