Welcome to Essendon - Maddison "Maddi" Gay (ex-Melbourne)

Starting thread early, because it’s going to happen - probably has already happened, but the AFL holding this back to close to the 2pm deadline to create some fake drama for the media outlets.

UPDATE: Confirmed (at least publicly) at 1:45pm that she’s coming to Essendon in an AFL scripted… sorry… negotiated 11 club mega trade.

UPDATE: At 2:22pm (Richie!) it was confirmed that in exchange for getting Maddi Gay and picks 19 and 37, we gave up picks 13 and 33. So, a good player, and we still have picks in the first and second round of the draft, just shuffled back a little bit.

3 Likes

Did anyone ask for a Mega trade for Christmas?

https://x.com/RileyBev/status/1735124678749143131?s=20

3 Likes

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH GEELONG? Get involved, ya softies.

OK, I can see why Peter said the AFL was holding back this stage-managed setup.

2 Likes

Is this player going to add significantly to our list and list needs @theDJR ?

The AFLW showing the men’s game what a real mega trade deal actually looks like!!

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

Maddi Gay is a good player, and may improve like Bonnie, being an Essendon supporter coming home.

That said, who knows, considering no one knows what are actual game plan is!

4 Likes

We get Maddi Gay, and Picks 19 and 37.

Dees get Picks 13 and 33

1 Like

Thank you, contrived AFL.

So our picks in the 70s are likely irrelevant, unless we decided to jettison more than strictly required.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

3 Likes

So when is the “really good” Prespakis coming to Essendon?:wink:

1 Like

Now this is more like it welcome Maddison

I think we’ve done well here. Gone back a few spots but still retain 2 picks in the first two rounds so hopefully we can also pick up some talent via the draft as well.

4 Likes

Was expecting to get less back in the trade than that. We’ve done well on this deal.

3 Likes

It seems like all the girls end up at the club they supported as a kid!

BOMBERS CULTURE

Also sounds like the Dees didn’t value her all that highly.

They also let Libby Birch go for waaayyyy less than what I reckon she was worth.

Suspect they are trying to turn the list over.

3 Likes

1 Like
1 Like