Welcome to Essendon - there might be more last list spots…

this was him in the 18’s

clearly put on around 10-15kgs since then

Is there any concrete reason we think the club are looking at this guy?

Because he could cement a place in the team?

29 Likes

i have a pretty solid source

21 Likes

Backline for mine but with an ability to roll forward as a focal point. Great match up for the 4th tall in between type who have a tendency to cut us up with explosiveness and power. Could see him going toe to toe with Degoey, Yeo when he goes forward, Fyfe, Mitch McGovern based only on his physical capabilities. Looks a really unique prospect. Love that he’s got a basketball backgroud and you can see that he has some poise. I’ve been after a Dean Solomon/Adam McPhee (at his best) replacement for a long time to play half back. This bloke might be it. @benfti is he a tough fella? We need absolute animals down back to complement our runners.

2 Likes

Resourcing and support is a challenge with the soft cap. Seems to be the common response across all clubs.

It might pave the way for others like him.

4 Likes

Fair enough Ben.

I think I’d prefer Angus Baker or Jungfer

Wait, so is he 3 years old or 130?

1 Like

that was in 2016, so must have just been born

1 Like

I know the club have been looking to pave the way with this approach.

2 Likes

Short memory?

11 Likes

Is it a worry that he only finds the ball 10 times a game?

1 Like

see this is one of the problems with supporters…its what you do without the ball thats the important part…

if hes playing down back and he =is opponent ha ;less then 10 touches he has the same is it a success…yes

if he plays forward has 10 touches 2 goals numerous tackles nd pressure acts its a success.

if hes the premier midfielder no its not…our team needs role players that play for each other and the team not themselves

3 Likes

Do we honestly need another mid sized utility?

Already log jam in defence with potentially even Francis not getting a game, and that’s at either end. Then there is Lang / Lav / Ridley etc

2 Likes

speedy…have a look at what he does as a forward…do we honestly have this type of our list…no lets take a gamble but then again lets put another list clogger on our list.

Highlights look good, but he is a low possession player in a pretty poor standard league.

We’ve got Stringer with an unbreakable hold on 3rd tall fwd, so would be coming on as depth. Does he get ahead of our other depth mid sized options fwd or back? Would have to wait and see.

I’m still in the we NEED a small defender as we’ve got next to zilch cover

1 Like

Fingers crossed

its called a gamble hey we already have 2 guys who have no afl experience this guy is a long long way ahead of them…

we keep too many average players on the list lets roll the dice!

dont worry we have team defence this year ???