We're GONNA WIN! Ess V Rich MatchNite Thread

probably.

But as all the players say they are learning to play together.
And 2 of our top 3 goal kickers from 2017 didn’t play against Collingwood and Richmond.

2 Likes

As for the strange posters and put down of Essendon support. There are a number of long-term trolls on this board. They hide behind a few occasional rational posts but they are here to troll. If you don’t know who they are, you haven’t been paying attention.

Smith said in the last week he is still trying to understand each player and how to move on the ground. he said it takes more than one year to learn that stuff but he is pleased with how we are going about it.

His defence of that non HTB call sums him up.

Absolute puppet

We are not avery good side
We
Lost a final last year by 74 points
We are 11th this year

we need to recruit another two a or b plus players preferably midfielders

This finish was better, no doubt whatsoever.

The shortcomings of the first 2 1/2 to 3 qtrs though shouldn’t be glossed over.

It did seem only when the style of play changed in the last that we actually gave ourselves a chance.

Coming from you that’s a real stinger

Let’s face it. Yeah, we were short some star players but they left five of their bed 22 out and still beat us.

Its not so much the numbers or even the quality

More the role/importance to the side

Never played the game.

Never seen a side build before.

Don’t care what anyone says it’s been a disapoiting year and people must pay for the dreadful start to the year

Sure, but their style of game would be the same regardless of whether cotchin and prestia etc were playing or not.

We did well to fight our way back into it and with a bit more luck there could have been a massive upset.

We are not a premiership threat yet and there is stuff to build on for sure.

We need a few blokes cut, a couple more to improve further, fitness to be better across the board, the coaching group to drill more consistency into the team in terms of our ‘system’ and a couple of big fish in the off season.

They already have. But I suspect there will be other changes coming, I think it has been hinted at by Dan and the club.

Neeld lost his job, thats a pretty big price to pay.

Frustrating as it is to be out of finals, this isn’t a farkcarlton going nowhere kind of year.

Whatever!! Are we in the finals? No! So we aren’t as good as last year. Last year we just made up the numbers and folded under pressure. As we did tonight.
I want us to succeed. And part of success is near enough is not good enough!!!

I’ll be very disapointed if Neeld was the only change they made.

Skipworth and both Corrigans need to go and replace them with recenlty retired players from succesful sides. Get Bartel as stoppage coach

scraping into finals last year doesn’t mean we were actually any good.

As evidenced by the fact that Sydney tore us a new one.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better. I sat ground level inside the 50m arc and me and my mate saw the game exactly the same way!

All I know is the side was rubbish at the start of the year, and turned it around massively with the same people at the helm.