Whales

I reckon if an artist even made a replica of a large tin of whales it would be criticised and people would be outraged.

I reckon if an artist even made a replica of a large tin of whales it would be criticised and people would be outraged.

Good artwork challenges people. 

The article is the art.

The conning of gullible buyers is the art of art.

Damien Hirst's name springs to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOZmDsiiXXk

do sardines sing?

have sonar?

massive brains?

do sardines even feel pain?

canned_whale_meat_large.jpg

7313305586_3d3bd98e32_z.jpg

mmmm tender

The higher the intelligence of the animal, the more humans feel an affiliation with it.

I assume dolphins feel the same way about us.

canned_whale_meat_large.jpg

7313305586_3d3bd98e32_z.jpg

mmmm tender

Plenty of protein but a lot of salt, I'd still try it though.

Good artwork challenges people. 

Working out the 5 buttons in a lift challenges most people.

I want to make the point that we are instinctively, without even the need for conscious consideration predisposed to favour certain species over others. 

Examples of other groups on the road:

Kittens - Children (that's a ridiculous one I know but still necessary to get the mind working).

Kittens are cute. But hitting the children would probably damage the car more.
Hmmm.

Mate of mine's brother once wrote off a corolla that hit him at 40k on Springvale Rd.

He had to have a day off work, well that's what he said.

I thought of this thread when I was watching a doco on 7 about infants.

Humans might have inbuilt feelings of affection for mammals but I'm pretty sure it's not mutual.

They sat this little kid behind thick glass with an adult leopard on the other side.

When the leopard spotted the kid it ran full pelt at the kid to obviously devour it.Then it clawed madly at the glass between them.

The kid chuckled and tried to pat the leopard. No fear whatsoever. Does that leopard rate us in any particular pecking order do you think?

I want to make the point that we are instinctively, without even the need for conscious consideration predisposed to favour certain species over others.
Examples of other groups on the road:
Kittens - Children (that's a ridiculous one I know but still necessary to get the mind working).

Kittens are cute. But hitting the children would probably damage the car more.
Hmmm.
Mate of mine's brother once wrote off a corolla that hit him at 40k on Springvale Rd.
He had to have a day off work, well that's what he said.

We nicknamed a guy at footy "The Wombat" after he did similar. Built like one too. 188-190cm and about 110kg @ 17/18 lol

Do whales wear clothes? 

I still ponder this. It seems wrong that size should determine worth. You know, bust your guts pushing a stranded whale back into the ocean and then go and open a can of sardines to make a sandwich.
:thinking:

I hope that you haven’t forgotten the whales that played in Bomber premierships (remember them?).

In 1962 and 1965, we boasted the mighty Russell Blew Whale.

In 1984 and 1985, we had the services of the wonderful Glenn Orca.

The memories are enough to make you blubber.

1 Like

It;s simple this one.

Whales were/are threatened with extinction, … Sardines are fking everywhere.

Also, Whale tastes like shitt, … and Sardines do too, … :laughing:… but some like them!

VD and Mink are the same right??

Which one did the thread comparing a mass culling of giraffes and ants.

Basing the whole theory on size is proportionate to the extremity of outcome.

Just crazy stuff.

Still can’t beat Minks microsoft paint picture guessing game. Quality Blitz time right there

Sardines aren’t too bad eating wise.
They’re an incredible super food (high in Omega 3) but without the high pollutant levels of other bigger fish like Salmon and Tuna.

I wish I liked them more.

1 Like

I once knew a male whale named Dale who had a tail as big as a sail. I have always wondered what happened to poor old Dale.

Whales /sardines is a big divide - whales are warm blooded mammals and fish are not.

If you are looking for a more difficult divide it’s probably whales to cattle. One set is rare and the other not, but they’re both mammals. So you could accuse me of hypocrisy in abhorring the hunting of whales while eating beef. But that’s where I sit in the scale.

Oh and I like sardines!