What annoys you about Essendon

What annoys you about Essendon? A number of things pester and bother me each season:

1. Red Time Goals
  2. Week to week inconsistency
  3. Not knowing which team is going to turn up each week.
  4. Can’t understand or take too long to adapt to new ‘game plans’.
  5. Promising so much - delivering very little.

I guess that’s a start.

1. The supporters
19 Likes

All of the above.

171cm Centre Half Forwards

19 Likes

WEAREESSERNTERN WEAREESSERNTERN

2 Likes

BomberBlitz

4 Likes

Really? It’s the only thing about Essendon I like these days.

5 Likes

we need more of this

we are too nice.

23 Likes

The club being more of a country club rather than a professional athlete organization.

2 Likes

This thread is going to go well.

We keep employing people that did not support us during our darkest hour.

5 Likes

Alternatively as a Corporate Entity rather than a hard football club desperate for on field success. More money will come when a new Premiership Cup is sitting in the foyer of The Hangar.

2 Likes

Everything at the moment.
The fact we can go out and play like we did on the weekend and then turn around and say - oh we’ll play properly this week - really ■■■■■ me off and it is an insult to us - the supporters who turn up every and support them with the same passion week in week out. The supporters have bled for this club over the past 5 years and to put on a performance like they did smacks of disrespect for us.

16 Likes

Most quiet supporters in the league. Atmosphere at most of our games (particularly at Etihad) is embarressing. You can hear the players talking to each other from the top deck sometimes. Worst ever

3 Likes

I’ll get yelled at for this… but I do wish we would return to the Essendon version of the Collingwood drone thingy.

It’s very effective in my opinion.

2 Likes

Using midgets as spot-up forwards.
Essington-like performances against mediocre opposition.
Lack of appetite for really burying teams (outside of early GWS/GCS games, when did we last win by 100+ points?)
Kick-ins.
Kicking skills.
Our subservience to the AwFuL these days - we loosen our strides and touch our toes any time Dill or one of his cronies opens their mouth…

2 Likes

That every season is not like 2000

3 Likes

The clash Guernsey / alternate strip.

1 Like

The free kick differential.

5 Likes

Round 2 2013 v Melbourne?

The constant talk/hype/build up for a lack of action.

Losses to poor sides when we build said momentum and hype.

2 Likes