What annoys you?

Ok, no snake. For fox sake.

5 Likes

Next time just light a fire. Possum will find a wait out pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  quick.

1 Like

Good tip!

Get a gooseā€¦ or maybe two.

And if it doesnā€™t ā€¦ thereā€™s breakfast sorted.

2 Likes

Trying to eat a Turkish delight without getting the icing sugar all over you Is one of lifeā€™s great frustrations.

3 Likes

literally 10 minutes agoā€¦

Build a wall. Get the possum to pay for it. Tremendous.

6 Likes

New development: itā€™s not the possum, itā€™s a couple of crows. I caught them in the act this morning trying to get into the laying box. I had set up the possum trap in the laying box and when I came back there were two crows poking around. At first I didnā€™t think they would be able to steal all the eggs without leaving some evidence (broken shells, etc) but a quick Google search reveals that crows are quite capable of flying with a chook egg held in their beak and quite often get into the habit of it if the food source is regularly available to them.

Now I have to enclose the entire run with netting to keep them out. What a pain in the ā– ā– ā– ā– .

And Iā€™m still going to get rid of that possum, because he scrambles up the walls and runs across the roof at night.

Anyone want a free fox, snake and goose?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take the fox and snake.
Geese are frankly too dangerous.

3 Likes

YESS!

The Fox, Snake and Goose sounds like an English pub that Iā€™d be happy having a few pints in.

6 Likes

This is one of those ā€œcross the riverā€ puzzles, right?

7 Likes

man, i had this crow issue too. i was finding egg shells on my front lawn and couldnā€™t work out what the fek was going on.

then the crow started appearing as soon as i went out to open the chook house. hasnā€™t happened for a while now though, maybe itā€™s moved to your house.

Iā€™ve read that stringing lines across the top of the run will stop them from swooping in (like the cables at the MCG that stop the seagulls), but crows are smart mo-fos and would work around that I reckon. Iā€™ve got some old fruit-tree netting in the garage, so I might have to use that.

We have 5 chooks and usually get 4-5 eggs per day. In the last fortnight, weā€™ve only collected about 8 eggs. This has to stop.

People throwing cigarette butts from their cars.

2 Likes

not just out of cars, its train stations, outside pubs, basically some smokers think anywhere ā€˜outdoorsā€™ is their ash tray.

4 Likes

Interesting. I have a couple of crows regularly around my chook pen. Iā€™ve always thought they were only after the scraps we throw in and possibly the chicken feed. I havenā€™t seen any inside the walk-in coop, which is where the boxes are, but Iā€™ll watch more closely now.

my man! this angers me no end.

get the EPA app and dob those ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  in.

i donā€™t mind the crows and magpies as long as theyā€™re not pinching eggs, at least theyā€™re intelligent and friendly. iā€™ve now got mynahs everywhere, which are loud, annoying and run in packs.